missing our cloth

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
on vacation without cloth....this is not fun. We didnt have room to travel with them. I thought, hey this might be a nice little break from laundry too. Um....no....we keep having poo blowouts and ive been washing her clothes instead. Plus even with just pee, disposables STINK. Im not sure if its some sort of fragrance they add or its the smell of the chemicals in the diaper but they just smell horrible the minute she pees in them. I had to change her several times today when the diaper had almost nothing in it and she had only been wearing it for a half hour because it smelled so bad. I cant wait to get home and get her back in cloth.
DD born 1/3/12

August 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
WOW that sucks! Sorry it's been so rough. Hope you get back to your cloth soon
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
yuck! sposies smell terrible! did you buy the "natural" ones or just normal ones, ive always wondered if the natural ones like 7th generation smell as bad

August 17th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nature Baby Care have no gel or fragrance and don't smell. They also aren't terribly absorbent and cost an arm and a leg, but that's we use on vacation!

August 18th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't stand the smell of sposies. Funny no one who just uses sposies knows what I'm talking about lol
August 21st, 2012, 09:15 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Wristwatch View Post
yuck! sposies smell terrible! did you buy the "natural" ones or just normal ones, ive always wondered if the natural ones like 7th generation smell as bad
first i put her in 7th generation ones and they didnt smell that bad but they leaked horribly. Then I went to pampers because she was leaking every single time she poo'd. The pampers held in the leaks better (not totally) but the smell was horrid.

oh well, back home and in cloth and no leaks or stink
DD born 1/3/12

August 22nd, 2012, 06:53 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. We moved states and had no access to do laundry for a bit. My husband of all people was begging to start using cloth again because he couldn't stand the smell of the huggies we had! We are using 7th Gen on my son night (can't figure out why he was getting blisters randomly some night, but it doesn't happen in disposables) and they don't smell nearly as bad....but I doubt if they'd be great for liquid poop for all kiddos. My son never poops in them since they're just a night diaper for us.
Makes me want to NEVER travel by plane because I never want to do disposables full time ever again! (Nor do I want to pay the outrageous bag fees for a suitcase full of cloth.)

August 23rd, 2012, 07:01 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Yuck, I hate the small and feel of disposable diapers
August 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you are back to using cloth! I'm never too impressed when I have to use sposies either. They have an awful smell, and I HATE the 'sag' which they all seem to get immediately when my son pees even a tiny bit.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search