My cloth stash so far

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By Belita

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have some Giraffiti diapers on the way, but here is what I have so far for my Seanibear!

6 BG 4.0 one size and 2 Alva one size

4 Sunbaby one size

8 Fuzzibunz and one Dinkledooz all one size

August 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Yay! Did you get this all in the mail today? Since you have both, how do the Sunbabies look next to the BG 4.0's (quality-wise)?

August 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
YAY! How fun and so cute too! No boys for me but those colors and designs are super-cute. Do tell...how do they compare? I bought all Sunbaby so I'm very interested. Congrats!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 20th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cute! Which blue color is the middle Fuzzi Bunz in the last picture??
August 20th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78 View Post
Yay! Did you get this all in the mail today? Since you have both, how do the Sunbabies look next to the BG 4.0's (quality-wise)?
The top picture are all the diapers that came in today. The other ones had come in earlier shipments. I'm still waiting for my Giraffiti order.

They seem very similar. Certainly similar enough that if I like the Sunbabies I'd rather pay their prices. At the smallest size, the BG ones were easier to get in the biggest doubler because it snaps over. I also think I'll like that since I'm having a boy. The softness and feel of the fabrics is very similar. The PUL seems a little thicker in the BG ones, but since I won't get a chance to use this on an actual baby for a few months, I can't tell you if it makes a difference or not. The elastic starts off smaller with the Sunbabies but it actually stretches out to be a bit longer. That may be helpful if your baby has a big butt. The BG are slightly wider through the crotch, but with the gussets being thicker on the Sunbabies and the pocket feeling softer and more absorbant in the Sunbaby, it may just be a wash. Again, I really can't speak to how they work on an actual baby yet, but I'd have no problem ordering more Sunbabies if they work for us. I bought just a couple from Fluff is Fabulous so you don't have to order a whole bunch to try if you want to give them a shot. Their shipping was super fast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
YAY! How fun and so cute too! No boys for me but those colors and designs are super-cute. Do tell...how do they compare? I bought all Sunbaby so I'm very interested. Congrats!
all y'all making me play with my fluff! It gave me a good excuse to pull some of them out from the changing table drawer so I don't mind.

See above for BG and Sunbabies. I got the Alvas with the double gussets. Stuffing the Alvas was easier than stuffing the other diapers. It has openings on both ends of the pocket and a snap to hold the front of the doubler in place. With the double gussets, it's still about the same width through the crotch as the Sunbabies, so depending on your baby's shape, the inner gusset may be set in too far. Maybe because of the double gussets, the doubler is more narrow for the Alvas.

The DinkleDooz PUL and elastic feel similar to the BG, although the elastic is a bit wider. The material for the pocket feels a bit more fleece-like than the other diapers. The PUL also feels similar to that of the BG. The pocket was the second most difficult for me to stuff of all the diapers since the opening for the pocket was the smallest, but still didn't take me more than 30 seconds. The flap over the pocket opening for this diaper tucks inside the pocket, where the others have the flap go over the pocket.

The Fuzzibunz have the added complication (or luxury if you like it) of the adjustable elastic. I thought it sounded good when I first bought the diapers, but now that I'm learning more and have other diapers I'm wondering if it's even necessary or just an annoyance. The feel of the pocket for the Fuzzibunz feels similar to the Sunbabies. Nice and soft but not too much like fleece. The Fuzzibunz were the most difficult to stuff of all because the pocket feels the narrowest. The crotch is also the narrowest of all the diapers. The pocket does not have a flap to cover the pocket, but the pocket does go all the way up so I'm guessing they expect the elastic in the back to prevent anything from oozing into the pocket?

Again, all of this is just from feeling and playing with the materials since my baby boy isn't due until November. I wish I could test them out now! I'm glad you ladies asked since I feel like it helped me get to know the diapers a bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannell View Post
Cute! Which blue color is the middle Fuzzi Bunz in the last picture??
It's called Big Sky
Gripstress likes this.

Last edited by Belita; August 20th, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
August 21st, 2012, 12:48 AM
Forced you to play with your goodies hehe

Thanks for the info, makes me feel great about my Sunbaby purchase! If they absorb that is lol I got mine in a lot of 24 w/ 48 bamboo inserts so I paid $7 total for each w/ 2 bamboo inserts. Not too bad when you consider shipping from China! I will probably buy more later when I see how they work. I may just buy the diapers then($5 each) and make my own stuffers. Who knows...

Thanks again!
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 21st, 2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the website! It actually seems like Fluff and Stuff have cuter patterns available anyways than Sunbabies did on their website. I wonder why they have different ones available from the actual distributor?
Gripstress likes this.

August 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
They also have a ton of different prints on the various sunbaby b/s/t sites on FB but they are way more expensive...like $8-10 & it may or may not come with an insert. But they do include shipping that's faster than from China and you can buy just one or a few. Sunbaby changes her designs all the time so I think they order a grouping of custom order and that's why they can sell colors/patterns she may not have in stock.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Gotcha, well the maroon argyle ones were just too cute to pass up, so I have a few of those coming.
Gripstress likes this.

August 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
I saw those and thought they were adorable, too!
Gripstress likes this.

August 21st, 2012, 07:19 PM
I got a couple of those also They are super cute...much cuter in person!
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search