Night Time Solutions

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
What are you ladies currently using for night time? After some trial and error, I'm using the BG 4.0's with both the regular insert and the infant insert as a doubler. She's not waking up wet, but her pj pants always smell like urine really bad so I know some is getting out through the legs or somewhere, just enough to make her stink. I have some babykicks hemp inserts that I'm thinking of trying tonight and just laying inside the diaper. I'm just afraid it's going to get too bulky with too many inserts. Just curious what other ladies are using, especially for heavy wetters?

September 2nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have heard it's easy to get leg leaks with overstuffed pockets. I have used fitteds or occasionally flats with wool covers ever since M was 4-5 months old and I've only had leaks like twice.

My favorite night solutions have been:

Outer/pocket:
Greenchild bamboo pocket fitted
Happy Hempy pocket fitted
Neat folded flat
Guerilla Fluff O2 fitted shell

Inserts:
Thirsties hemp prefold
Sherpa and/or hemp doublers
Padfolded flat or two in a pinch

Wool (sized up to cover all the fluff):
Woollybottoms soaker
Disana soaker
Loveybums interlock wool soaker
Sbish soaker (not really worth the money IMO)

I also use Woollybottoms footies as PJ pants. She's been wearing the same pair for MONTHS and they are only now starting to fit

Hth!!!

Edit: I have also used Bummis whisper pant pull on covers at night, they work great!

September 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are currently loving Sbish fitteds under fleece or sometimes Thirsties covers.
September 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sposies. Peter gets awful rashes if he sits in any cloth diaper over night.

September 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We can use any of our pockets as long as we use two inserts (one regular and one newborn). Thankfully, because we went through a month or so of leaks EVERY night.
September 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
A double stuffed pocket. Tonight it's going to be the "monsters" CutesyTushie, the insert that came with(not sure what it is but I love it! 4 layers of something blue lol) and an infant PF trifolded.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

September 2nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Sposies. Didn't want to try to figure anything else out.

September 2nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pocket with a MF and a wool insert. Also a wool shortie. Haven't had a single problem.
September 3rd, 2012, 12:52 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I can use about any fitted with a good cover. I must not have a super soaker because she rarely leaks.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
September 4th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Last night, I used a Flip cover and stuffed a Flip stay dry insert, 1 regular BG insert and a newborn insert. No gaps at all and she was dry on the outside but her pants still reeked of pee. So frustrating. I'm going to try a fitted with a hemp insert and see if it's any better. Don't really want to deal with wool, but may end up giving it a try or just going back to disposables for night time. Good news is she's not actually wet at all on the outside and the stay dry insert really does keep her bum dry. There must be just enough moisture getting out to make it smell though. It may be something I'll just have to live with. And maybe my nose is more sensitive since I'm preggers!

Last edited by Leanne78; September 4th, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
September 4th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
normally she wears a best bottom cover with the hemp/cotton best bottom overnight set (which is a day time insert with a night time insert added). Works all night long with no leaks.
Every once in a while she will sleep in a BGE (that is what our stash is mainly made up of for day time) if the best bottoms arent clean. Or a greenchild creations bamboo fitted with a bamboo insert added and a best bottom or thirsties cover.
I have a wool cover that i need to wash and will use soon. We used wool covers before but she outgrew them and i just got another one recently used.
DD born 1/3/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search