favorite cloth wipes?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jannell
  • 1 Post By therevslady
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By irishblessing

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 02:17 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Sorry if this has been discussed recently, I tried searching and nothing came up.

I am ready to buy cloth wipes, but feel overwhelmed with my options. I did try making my own, but they just were not absorbant enough and the water sort of repeled.

Do you have a favorite cloth wipe? Do you have a favorite wipe solution? How many do you recommend having? Please share!
September 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This are my favorite so far, granted I only have like three different brands but I love these
FuzziBunz(R) DOUBLE Sided Wipes - Organic Cotton / Fleece -10 Pack

I have about 30 and that seems to be just fine for us.
bostoncreampie likes this.
September 11th, 2012, 04:09 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I have a bunch of the FB wipes as well as these:
Imagine Flannel Wipes - 10-pack

Both get the job done. And double as washcloths sometimes in the bath.

September 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
My favorite are the Grovia ones. I have Bumkins fleece wipes too, but I usually use those to dry off her bum or have her blow her nose on. My favorites are still the Grovia. They clean the worst messes in just a swipe and aren't so thin that you feel like you are getting up close and personal to the poo.

I'll be ordering more of these when I find a place with free shipping again.
Amazon.com: GroVia Cotton Cloth Wipes, 12 count: Baby

This is how I have them arranged in the warmer. Grovia are on right, Bumkins are on the left. Gives me a choice.

September 11th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 3 dozen large GMD velour/terry wipes and a dozen small GMD flannel/terry 2-sided wipes. I just use a spray bottle of water on her bum when needed, but the wipes are more often now used to dab her off after using the potty or getting washed down at the sink than anything. They were heavily used when she was EBF for sure. I feel like wipes are wipes, as long as they hold up to heavy washing for a long time they will be fine. They all work better than disposable wipes. Except the poly fleece ones, they just don't absorb, I have one like that (a freebie from some order) and it is useless as a wipe IMO.

September 11th, 2012, 05:15 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have Thirsties and WAHM wipes. I like them both for different reasons. The CV layer on the Thirsties is my favorite for cleaning up poop messes and then I use a regular flannel one to go over it once more. I have about 40 and just ordered some more.

I just ordered some soap bits to make solution with but so far have just been using water.

Some of mine are from a member of my playroom and I really like them! Here's her link!
TheFluffyGiraffe on Etsy

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
September 11th, 2012, 08:43 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Thanks for the input so far! I will check all these out.

I originally had my eye on babykicks wipes, does anyone have experience with them?

Amazon.com: BabyKicks Natural & Organic 10 Pack Baby Wipes, Assortment: Baby
September 11th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have planetwise, WAHM brand and bungenius wipes. The planetwise are alright, they are single layer and fairly absorbant. They are kind of scratchy because ive put them in the dryer. The WAHM brand is single layer and is very thin, you can see through them they are so thin. THey actually work pretty well and they've stayed soft even through the dryer. The bumgenius....my least fave. They took FOREVER to stop repelling. They actually repelled so bad that when i sprayed them with water the water would spill right off onto the floor and the wipe would be totally dry. I had to wash them about 25 times before they stopped repelling enough to even use. I just kept throwing them in with my diaper wash without ever using them they were so bad. They also got a bit scratchy from the dryer.

I liked not drying them better before but i ran out of space to hang dry and i stopped using the wet method when we were getting mold. they do stay softer if you dont dry them
DD born 1/3/12

September 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
So far we are using washcloths as wipes and our diaper service provided us with some of the Bumkins ones. I also have a bunch of cut up old Tshirts to use when we are out because they can just be thrown away and gives the Tshirt material one more useful life.
September 14th, 2012, 06:13 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
Quilter's Nappies: Premium Cloth Diapering Accessories

These, FTW! Best darn wipes ever!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search