potty training

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls! What type of training pants do you use? How many should I get. DS is around two and is showing sings of being ready. He does ok at home while butt naked and I would like to get some training pants so we can PT outside as well. I would hate spending a lot. Thanks for your help.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I do not want to use waterproof trainers because I think it sends a mixed message about expectations and whether it is okay to go in your pants or not. Around the house though we use Motherease Sandys coverless when working on pottying and elimination awareness, they pull on and off easily when presnapped and are not super absorbent without a doubler. I also have some Hanna Andersson training undies on hand for "real" underwear when M is ready to try them. I will try to pair them with fleece or wool pants when going out.

We've been part time ECing since M was 5-6 months old. She is increasingly working on independent pottying but we still rely on diapers a lot too.

September 16th, 2012, 12:57 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just use underwear at home. We use cloth outside of the house just because he's soooo young still. My plan is once he's more consistent at home to use either a coverless fitted (we have a couple of sandy's larges hanging around) or underwear with one of our covers over it outside the house before venturing to straight underwear. I'm too cheap to buy separate trainers, though often I notice when Blueberry/Swaddlebees stocks their clearance page they'll have their trainers on there too.

September 17th, 2012, 05:49 AM
berryblue031's Avatar Mathias' Super Mommy!
If my son is in anything that reminds him of a diaper he will just pee in it, if he is in underwear though he will ask to go to the potty.

Honestly for potty training out of the house I think you just need to start carrying a bunch of extra clothes with you, my son had to feel pee running down his legs and into his socks a few times before he took anything seriously.

Mathias: Born Nov 10 2009 weighing in at: 9lbs 2oz & 22inches (4150g 54cm)

Anna Elizabeth: Born Aug 24 2012 weighing in at: 8lbs 6oz & 20.5inches (3795g 52cm)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search