Covers??

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Any suggestions? ... I've got pockets,AIO & AI2 but wanting to try covers.
Loving my 2 munchkins & awaiting #3
Married to my <3 since 8/09

September 18th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What will you be covering? Prefolds, flats, fitteds, ... ?

September 18th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i like thirsties. ive used them with prefolds, fitteds and flats and they have never leaked. i also like wool covers for night time
DD born 1/3/12

September 18th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Most likely all of the above :-)

September 19th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I like the Flip covers because they work with everything and have that flap in the front and back that cover the end of your insert or prefold.

September 19th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I use Flips a lot with padfolded flats but they don't cover my fitteds. I have had Thirsties Duo covers in rotation since M was a few days old, they are great. I have been wanting to try Swaddlebees Capri too. I also love wool and fleece

September 19th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
I use Flips a lot with padfolded flats but they don't cover my fitteds. I have had Thirsties Duo covers in rotation since M was a few days old, they are great. I have been wanting to try Swaddlebees Capri too. I also love wool and fleece
Do you find the size 2 Thirsties Duo to be bigger than the Flips? I was looking for something a little bigger for Akadia so I can fit more stuff in at night. I think my Flips are at their capacity.

September 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78

Do you find the size 2 Thirsties Duo to be bigger than the Flips? I was looking for something a little bigger for Akadia so I can fit more stuff in at night. I think my Flips are at their capacity.
No, absolutely not. The size 2s get just about as big as the Flips but not bigger. However, sized Thirsties run bigger than Duos and a Large might be bigger than an unsnapped size 2, I don't have one to test that though. I have also heard that size 2 Swaddlebee Capris run bigger than duos or Flips.

September 19th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Thank you ladies I have a 2 1/2 yr old dd( she only weighs 19 lbs)who has absolutely no interest in using the potty( she has gone as far a telling me " no thanks" and she has become super sensitive to any disposable. 10 mins on her and she is pinkish red. I feel bad for her so my mil suggest we do cloth till she is ready ( & it doesn't hurt we are TTC).

September 19th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Wow, your little girl must be a petite little thing! Either that or my 26 month old is a heifer! Akadia is around 33 pounds right now! My niece was tiny at this age though. I wish Akadia had stayed smaller longer. Would make fitting her in diapers easier. She also has zero interest in the potty!

September 19th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My not-quite-16 month old is over 26 lbs... she is huge... and has grown out of LOTS of diapers!! I bet your DD could wear mediums pretty well. Maybe look into Grovia. Those run smallish and I hear rave reviews from moms of petite LOs. We liked the aplix AI2s but M outgrew them at like 7-8 months. The AI2 shells are decent covers too.

September 19th, 2012, 10:05 PM
You would think she would be as big as a house by the way she eats but she doesnt get any bigger. She was still in 18 month pants up until June/July then they just became to short :-( I love the fact I get to try things out with her before we have another baby, so I'm trying everything lol. I just ordered a thirties cover, a bummis whisper wrap I believe, and a grovia. So we will see. Thank you again ladies

September 19th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
No, absolutely not. The size 2s get just about as big as the Flips but not bigger. However, sized Thirsties run bigger than Duos and a Large might be bigger than an unsnapped size 2, I don't have one to test that though. I have also heard that size 2 Swaddlebee Capris run bigger than duos or Flips.
A large thirsites is bigger than a size 2 duo unsnapped. I have both Just thought I would answer this question.

September 20th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Thanks Julia!

September 20th, 2012, 01:18 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a lot of different types of cloth diapers, but I have the econobum covers and they have always worked really well for both my 8.5 month old and my 27 month old.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

September 20th, 2012, 06:13 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have Econobum, Flip, Thirsties and Bummis covers. I like all of them but my favorite is Econobum. They are super thin and stretchy and seem like they would be the most comfortable to wear. They are also super cheap and I've never had a leak.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

September 20th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah, I like Econobums too! They have a HUGE rise, my DD can wear them on the middle rise snap setting with a padfolded flat, whereas she wears Thirsties Duos size 2s as well as Flips fully unsnapped with padfolded flats. But, she is on the biggest waist snap setting. I am always a fan of reasonably priced diapers too and Econobum is definitely that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search