Favorite nighttime diaper?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 05:08 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have been using cloth on and off ever since my second daughter was born, but we have almost always used disposables at night. However, recently during some night feedings, I have been noticing her itching around where the top of the diaper is, like it is bothering her. She has eczema, so her skin is very sensitive. Anyway, I got to thinking that maybe that was contributing to her frequent night wakings (every 2-3 hrs, at almost 9 months old). So I put her in a cloth one night to see if it would help. I used the most absorbent diaper we had- a fitted flannel prefold and a simple cover. Well, I must have been right because that night she slept very well and last night she only woke up 2x the whole night! Each time she did leak through a bit, not much but some. She did not seem to mind though. So I was wondering what everyone prefers for the night-time, since I might try a few others- no way I am going back, lol!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

September 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I've just been using a BG 4.0 with the regular insert, newborn insert as a doubler in the middle and a hemp insert in the very back. I've also used a Flip cover with a stay dry insert in front, bamboo in the middle and hemp in the back and had some success. It can get kind of bulky which is why I like the hemp because it is so thin. She's a really really heavy wetter though. She usually wakes up at 5:30 a.m. and I always have to change her whether she's wearing a disposable or cloth.

September 19th, 2012, 06:29 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, we have an odd issues keeping us out of cloth at night but when we do attempt cloth every now and then at night (and this did work for many, many months!) we do a pocket stuffed with 2 bamboo inserts and 1 hemp insert. Been a great combo! It's also the combo I use when driving long car trips and I don't know when I'll get to stop. You really just need to experiment around though. Some kids mind the feeling of wetness against them (mine does at night), while others don't at all. I know some people put a doubler, insert, or absorbent liner in with a flats or prefold that helps through the night. It can be frustrating finding your perfect night solution, but it's rather rewarding when something works consistently.

September 19th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My general night solution is a sized-up pocket or shell fitted (or folded flat in a neat or kite fold) (ex. Greenchild bamboo, Happy Hempys, sbish snapless shell or Guerilla Fluff O2 shell). I stuff or lay in either a trifolded Thirsties hemp prefold or padfolded flat, then add another doubler or two on top in the wet zone. Wool soaker or nylon pull-ons as cover and wool pj pants over that. This virtually never leaks!!!

I avoid stay dry fabrics but my DD doesn't get rashy from this. It is in enough pieces that it all gets cleaned well, too. I had trouble with thick stuff like Thirsties large hemp inserts because I have hard water and a FLer and it just wasn't getting as clean (or dry).

September 19th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have several types we use at night but the main system that works GREAT is best bottom. Its a snap in system. Im pretty sure there is a microfiber option but I prefer natural fibers so I use their hemp/cotton inserts. The cover is PUL and one size, there is a daytime insert and then you add on a night time insert. Its a little bulky but it doesnt bother my baby and she is sleeping so i dont care.

There have been nights where we use BG Elementals. They work and dont leak but they get SUPER soaked and sometimes leave her bottom a bit pink for a few hours. We've used greenchild creations bamboo fitteds stuffed with bamboo inserts or prefolds under a best bottom or thirsties covers. They work with no problems but Ive found that Im not all that fond of pins (although they do come with a snap option if you buy it). I think I might use these more when I get our wool covers prepped. I do like wool for night too but somehow it ends up feeling like too much work.
DD born 1/3/12

September 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some random WAHM fitted that has some wool inserts I got in a trade online. Honestly have no clue what it is but it is AMAZING.

I also use Happy Hempy pocket fitteds wtih 2 Joey bunz hemp inserts and covered with mother-ease covers.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. We are currently using babyland diapers with 2 inserts and an econobum cover on top of that and it seems to be working really well. I am hoping we can get some new diapers soon, but not sure if it is in the cards yet.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

September 21st, 2012, 06:27 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I use my BG 4.0 with a newborn prefold trifolded inside. Or, with the same inserts, some Kawaii minky's, a PuPond (much like a BG), or Blueberry minky's (since they are all about the same size and work well for night time). I do have to change him early in the morning or else he leaks on me or my bed lol. I change him around 10-11pm (or later depending on when I go to bed) into his night time diapers.

Scarlett Diane

September 21st, 2012, 08:41 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If ever you feel its not absorbing enough just try some hemp inserts

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search