Cloth you HATE

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know everyone is different, and has different experiences,

But what is the 1 brand or style of diaper you hate?
September 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fuzzibunz! Terrible diapers. Blech.
BlueEyes09 and angelsailor288 like this.
September 21st, 2012, 12:23 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^Ditto.

And I am going against the grain here...I hate pockets. All that stuffing, random inserts that don't fit, the shifting around of the insert, the bulk...not.for.me. We stick with prefolds for babies, AIOs for older kids, and some fitteds. I just can't handle the time suck it takes to stuff enough diapers for two children in cloth (possibly three in the future).
berryblue031 and Ember Rose like this.
September 21st, 2012, 01:08 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
anything with side snaps! they just dont fit my babies right
DD born 1/3/12

September 21st, 2012, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218
^Ditto.

And I am going against the grain here...I hate pockets. All that stuffing, random inserts that don't fit, the shifting around of the insert, the bulk...not.for.me. We stick with prefolds for babies, AIOs for older kids, and some fitteds. I just can't handle the time suck it takes to stuff enough diapers for two children in cloth (possibly three in the future).
OMG Ashlee with THREE in cloth you are going to have the most awesome and vast cloth stash of all time!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures

I am having a hard time thinking of cloth I hate. I always hate overspending on stuff that doesn't seem worth it, and I also hate stuff that's hard to get clean. And M is very sensitive skinned, we figured out that certain bindings and synthetic stay dry fabrics by her skin were bad for her.

Oh, I know. I had a Mommy's Touch cover that I hated. It had so many snaps that just looking at the front made me dizzy. I could not figure it out for the life of me.

September 21st, 2012, 04:22 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmmm, I think I would say that I hate my babyland diapers WITHOUT a cover with them. They leak really bad but were so cheap so it's not a big loss and they actually work just fine as long as you double stuff them and/or put a light cover over them.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

September 21st, 2012, 06:32 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Have not found a diaper I hate. I dislike using prefolds. Fuzzibunz (I only own 1 though) have been awesome for me, it fit my son from birth nicely.

My 3 year old HATES snapping diapers

Scarlett Diane

September 21st, 2012, 08:40 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a free Fuzzibuns one size elite whatever, I hate it.

I also hated some random bamboo pockets I got off ebay

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 22nd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate the AI2s that have the "tongue" snap in soaker. It always seems too long and awkward. The ones I am thinking of in particular are the BottomBumper side-snapping sized diapers I used to have.

(I happen to love the side-snapping Simplex 2.0, though!)

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
September 23rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I don't HATE anything really. I am a big fan of pockets. I make my daughter stuff them as one of her chores, so that's not really on my radar, lol. I'm just now starting have have microfiber insert issues and they've diapered quite a few butts now over several years (not just my kids, my friends have used them too), so I feel like we got a good life out of them.

I'm not a huge fan of prefolds on their own. I have to have some sort of liner to keep the moistness away from the skin. Even at the newborn stage. I use them because they're cheap and they get the job done. But they have issues for us.

September 23rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
for me it changes daily, right now im not liking any pockets because they just arent absorbent enough for my kids, they are near the end of their life and have had a good run but im pretty fed up at the moment

my 3 in cloth stash is pretty simple, i bought a bunch of flats for home some fitteds (daddies request) and a few AIOs for the diaper bag

September 23rd, 2012, 12:43 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AIOs. Hate not being able to control the absorbency in most and I do not have the patience for drying. Not to mention they are more expensive usually.

September 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Happy Heinys.

HATED them when my son was in cloth... they fit him terribly because he has no booty, lol. I don't mind them too much with my first daughter because she has a gigantic bum, haha... but I still don't like HHs. We'll see how the one HH we have fits my youngest daughter.

I'm not a big fan of AIOs. Yes, they are quick and easy... but I find that they don't do as good a job containing the messes than other types of diapers. I like AIOs that are stuffable (so you can add more absorbency if needed), but even then, I'd pick a fitted or even a pocket diaper over an AIO any day.

Last edited by Niamh ૐ; October 1st, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
September 24th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't gotten to the diapering stage yet but in theory I'm already hating pockets because I know my husband will not stuff them.
September 24th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
my dh wont stuff pockets either, but i stuff them all before i put them away, he will use them no problem then

September 24th, 2012, 05:56 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember Rose View Post
I haven't gotten to the diapering stage yet but in theory I'm already hating pockets because I know my husband will not stuff them.
When not pregnant I drink a glass of wine while stuffing all my pockets at once. I miss being able to do that.
September 29th, 2012, 09:47 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pockets are easy imo. Stuffing takes all of 2 seconds and theyre just like a sposie. Easy for husbands My DH will NOT use anything but a pocket on Nicholas lol. I've tried showing him just to fold a prefold into a cover or put on a fitted or hybrid, heck no! too complicated he says.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 29th, 2012, 10:27 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I am beginning to realize just how lucky I am with my hubby. He stuffs diapers, washes bottles, changes diapers, does the entire night time routine on weekends and goes to school part time and works 55 hours a week. I think I scored in the hubby category!
September 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM
r&lsmama
Fuzzibunz one size. They are an awful fit, and when I tried them the pocket was "sticky"
September 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a fan of minky diapers. I know they're super soft and that's good and fine, but all the minkys I've owned seem to leak much easier and quicker which eliminates the cute "oh my baby's butt is soft" factor for me.

I also don't care for fitteds. It doesn't make sense to me to have to cover up all that cuteness with a cover. And then you're spending the time putting on two diapers basically on a squirmy kid. Just not for me.
Ember Rose likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search