Pee stinky

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 04:46 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you please help? My inserts still smell slightly like pee when they are done being washed. I use BG AIO's and pockets and Sunbaby pockets with the blend inserts. My wash cycle is every 2 days, cold rinse, hot wash with BG detergent, cold rinse and dry in the dryer. The shells do not have any odor, but the inserts do, especially the Sunbaby inserts. Help!
September 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Veteran
That usually means you need to use more detergent. Perhaps add an extra rinse if you think you need it to rinse out the extra detergent.

Sometimes you need to change detergents, but that depends on your water.

September 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
That happens to me too sometimes. I use RockinGreen and just scoop in some baking soda with it (about 1/4c ) and add vinegar to the bleach or softener cup. No smells. Add an extra rinse if you feel it's warranted. I do this about every 4th and 5th wash or so (that way I get all the diapers, since thee are always some still in the pail).

[url=http://lilypie.com]
September 28th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ditto more and/or different detergent! I recommend a detergent that contains enzymes. Check out the CD laundry sticky. Microfiber can be difficult to get clean. I have also used vinegar rinses but they are mainly for aiding in rinsing out or neutralizing detergent residues.

Did you get it fixed yet?

September 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to what everyone else said.

Also, try throwing some water with a dash of bleach and oxy in a bucket and let the inserts soak overnight. Then wash as usual.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 29th, 2012, 11:29 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I switched detergent and the problem was solved. Rocking Green really does rock! BG detergent sucks for our household! I got some of the Funk Rock too, just in case it happens again. They came out smelling brand spanking new!
October 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay glad it works!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search