Omg did i overdo my stash?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
Overdo? You probably think I'm silly, but do I have too many? We are TTC #2, so I had an excuse to start stocking up! We didn't CD DD1 until 3 weeks and started with prefolds. This time I'd like some prefolds, but really would just rather use AIOs. We have DD in BG med & lg AIOs and OS, which I'm hoping she's out of soon!

Anyway, I have been scooping up cheap used BG AIO XS/nb on eBay and I just won two lots at once. Oops so now I have 13 coming from one seller and another lot coming consisting of: 10 BG AIO xs, 3 bunzaroo WAHMs, 1 NB grovia, 6 chinese prefolds, 2 Bummis covers, and a snappi. Whew. Add that to the 9 BG AIO xs I already had and I've got 36 nb dipes (not including the prefolds/covers). Seriously? But that's good right? These are all gender neutral, so if it turns out we have a girl I might swap some for a few girls colors.

Then I also have 26 BG AIO smalls, which are on loan to a friend. And are nearly all blue, so again if we have a girl I will prob swap some for girl colors.

THEN we have about 50 dipes that DD is currently using. For crying out loud. W have that many since our old daycare CDd her and we needed plenty at home too.

Anyway. It's a fairly homogenous stash, but its hugenormas as far as what I'm used to. Think it's good for a nb? Washing every couple days?

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Last edited by Lala78; September 28th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
September 28th, 2012, 08:26 AM
How can I delete this comment? accidentally posted an extra.

Last edited by Lala78; September 28th, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
September 28th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
36 diapers for a newborn is NOT too much!!! They can poop with every feed. We went through like 12-18 diapers a day when M was a newborn. I had 36 prefolds and it was enough for washing every 1.5 days with a healthy margin for the times I was lazy about moving the laundry through or putting it away. I started with 24 and it was not enough.

Some babies don't poop much and don't go through so many diapers, but it never hurts to have the extras for the car or diaper bag, etc.

September 28th, 2012, 11:15 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Truly, truly. I think 36 plus prefolds is NOT too much either. We started out with a dozen pockets, a batch of 12 prefolds (and covers), 2 AIOs, and a couple fitteds....and ended up buying an additional 5 AIOs, 5 fitteds, and 5 pockets because I was drowning in laundry every day. I needed more diapers in order to maintain my every-other-day wash schedule and to feel like I wasn't "stretched to the limit" in my stash. So I started with around 16 dipes and increased it to 31. And I was lucky that my baby was big and I could start using Elementals quickly too.

We are currently newly pregnant with our third (fingers crossed) and I plan to get even MORE newborn diapers. And some more prefolds. I want at least 40 diapers in our stash. We are looking down the throat of possibly having three in diapers (my older boy is rebelling against potty training, he just isn't ready and my second is only newly a year), so I want to make it as easy on myself as possible!!

(But if you are looking to download some, hit me up!!)

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
September 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I have never cd a newborn but I do know when my kids were newborn I would go thru roughly 15 -18 diapers a day for the first couple weeks, but I was the mom who changed at every feeding, every time I felt the diaper and it seemed wet an everytime I smelled them :-) so I say 36 + prefolds is not to much. Sounds like a good stash.
Loving my 2 munchkins & awaiting #3
Married to my <3 since 8/09

September 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Ok then! Feeling better! I plan to get another dozen prefolds so ill have at least 18.

October 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Happy Mommy
IMHO you can never have too many diapers
October 26th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
our newborn stash has 24 AIOs and 24 prefolds and 6 covers, i dont think that sounds like too much to me

October 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What's your current nb stash now Lala? Now that we've enabled you....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search