Newborn stashes!!! :D

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Leanne78
  • 2 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By tryingfornumber1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Who's got one? Who's working on one? What do you have and/or plan to get? Bonus points for pics

I've got baby fever and I am a glutton for these things

September 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Here is mine. Since it looks like my 26 month old isn't going to be out of diapers anytime soon, I really didn't want to deal with prefolds. This stash consists of 24 BG AIO newborns, 11 Nanipoo Fitteds, 5 Kissaluv Fitteds, 1 xs Thirstie cover, 1 Thirstie Size 1 Duo wrap, 1 sm Bummies cover, 1 sm Prorap cover and a Wool cover. I may get some more covers once I know what I like. I'm hoping that will take us through to the one size diapers I have - BG 4.0's, Green Bees, Flips and some Sunbabies.

5 weeks to go before I get to try these out!
angelsailor288 and magz88 like this.

September 28th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My stash is made up of Happy Heinys, BumGenius, Rumparooz, Grovia, and Swaddlebees Simplex. I have 22 diapers and I hope that will hold us until we get to my one-size stash since DH doesn't want me buying more. They are so cute and teeny tiny!!!

kbpeanut and angelsailor288 like this.

Last edited by Belita; September 28th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
September 28th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i have one, from both the older boys. The kids are in bed now so i will have to put up a pic in the AM, but we have in our newborn stash we have

24 prefolds
6 covers
12 BG xs
12 lil joeys

September 28th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's my NB stash before I stored it away. I have added about 8 more since this picture was taken. I know logically I'm done with my NB stash...but I'm sure I'll splurge again. I'm considering selling my covers and prefolds and just going with all pockets and AIOs since DH will use those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
angelsailor288 likes this.

September 29th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful. TFS ladies!!! I know we've got some more out there too......

I have stored away 30 GMD newborn pfs, a few GMD preemie pfs, and a few random bamboo "newborn preflats" that came with Guerilla Fluff O2 fitteds and another WAHM OS snapless fitted. I also have 6 old style ikea flats that are pretty small and would work well on a newborn. Plus I have several misc covers.

I spent way too much time a day or two ago looking at some Imagine Indian cotton PFs that were 11x14" but only 2x5x2 ply, that is an amazing size for doublers and they would fold down great being so thin... I need to stop

September 29th, 2012, 10:34 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just used one size dipes on my newborn. She's 3 months old now, but the BG 4.0's fit her little 6.2 lb body just fine. I couldn't justify buying newborn cloth that would only be used for a few weeks to a couple months, max.
bostoncreampie likes this.
September 29th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Here is my newborn stash for M (old pic) - this is all the stuff she outgrew around 5-6 weeks, I had a bunch of Thirsties Duo wraps that still fit through size small... just GMD prefolds and a few Bummis covers

September 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm working on my newborn/small baby stash right now! I didn't CD DS till he was 4 months and over 15 lbs, so I never really bothered with cloth to fit smaller babies. Our Kawaii mom label with bamboo was on the smallest rise then so no way would it fit a small baby! While some of my small OS that DS has outgrown will fit a small baby, possibly newborn, there's no where near enough for a stash!
I've got 24 orange edge newborn prefolds. 24 slightly larger but still considered newborn/infant prefolds. 12 premie prefolds (most likely will use as doublers and stuffers for our stuffable fitteds since I doubt she'll fit into them when she's born). 12 small flats.
I have 6 PUL covers. 2 newborn wool soakers. 2 newborn wool longies.
I also have 2 small bitti delish too.

And I may have bought more wool for beyond the newborn period.......ha ha.

It's larger than I expected to have but I'm borrowing some wool, 2 dozen prefolds, 5 covers, etc. Pretty much everything else has been bought using money from selling larger OS pockets that I use with DS (I had way too many!).

If everything was in one place I'd take a picture. But it's not. It's everywhere since I haven't figured out a storage system just yet for all of these that fits in our diaper changing area in the laundry room.

October 1st, 2012, 06:59 PM
Wool (have more on the way - am borrowing one pair of longies - and obviously not all newborn/small):

Covers, fitteds, AIOs(kinda), and small OS diapers that don't come close to fitting DS so should work sooner than most of my OS stash (first two rows are borrowed):

Didn't bother taking a picture of all the boring flats, prefolds, etc.

October 2nd, 2012, 07:38 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No pics since a good number are out on loan right now. For E, I had 24 small Imagine PFs, 9 Prorap covers (borrowed from a friend), 3 homemade pockets, 3 homemade AIOs, 5 small pointy tab FBs, and a few homemade fitteds.

If (and this is a big IF) we have another, we'll have the same stash. I would probably be able to borrow the covers again, but if not, it would be easy enough to buy my own. I think I'd probably make some more fitteds and pockets too.

October 8th, 2012, 11:11 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My nb stash consisted of BG newborns, GMD newborn prefolds and workhorse fitteds, a bunch of different covers. My absolute favorite newborn diaper is a GMD workhorse and a thirsties cover. I love love love the workhorse diapers and plan to get a bunch more of those for the next baby.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

October 9th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All Ive got for NB is 4 swaddlebees fitteds, 6 gdiapers, 1 happy heinys, 1 other pocket, and maybe 2 covers... I am feeling the pressure to add to this list quickly!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 9th, 2012, 07:35 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I mostly used preemie prefolds with a few preemie covers. Natalie was just over 5lbs when she came home. She was then in newborns until about 6 months. I really want to just start over but I don't think dh will let me. I can justify buying new prefolds though. Áfter 5 babies, they are falling apart.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I do have a pic, but I'll have to add it later...I am on the iPad.

Mine is pretty extensive...and I will be adding to it (hey, I know I don't need to, but DH okayed it!). From memory:

12 newborn prefolds
2 thirsties duo size one covers
1 thirsties xs cover
1 Bummis xs cover
1 TKC small cover
1 Bummis small cover
13 HH mini pockets
6 TKC small AIOs
1 TKC small pocket
4 handmade fitteds by Rebecca
1 rockin rumps AI2
6 swaddlebees mini pockets
1 small blueberry pocket

I plan to get some workhorses, some ETPF (megaroos), some BG xs, and whatever else I want! Lol. This could potentially be the last baby we have, I wanna live it up

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
October 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
poop i keep forgetting to post my stash pic! someone remind me to do it tomorrow

October 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
My nb stash consisted of BG newborns, GMD newborn prefolds and workhorse fitteds, a bunch of different covers. My absolute favorite newborn diaper is a GMD workhorse and a thirsties cover. I love love love the workhorse diapers and plan to get a bunch more of those for the next baby.
I totally added 6 newborn workhorse fitteds recently when I saw that they were just $18 for 6! Never tried any and I'm hoping they'll work well for us.

October 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
We got 24 BG one sizes. I tend to have very big babies and can't justify an itty bitty stash.
October 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll have to take a picture (don't have one of the whole stash) but... my total stash at the moment:

Smalls and OS:
24 Infant-sized Imagine Indian pre-folds
6 Thirsties Duo Size 1 covers
4 size small gDiapers (with 5 snap-in liners)
8 OS no brand pockets (with 8 inserts)
1 Ecology Kids newborn cover

Other:
2 size medium gDiapers (with 2 snap-in liners)
8 standard pre-folds

and some microfiber towels that I plan on making into inserts (microfiber inside probably fleece outside)

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search