Alvababy?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I havent found many reviews either way on these. Have any of you ladies used them? And do you like them? I found them at a really great price but want to make sure Im not buying anything that half the people hate, ya know?

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 1st, 2012, 02:31 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i have not tried them personally but a friend of mine has a bunch of them and she is very happy with them. I hear lots of people really like their Alvas

October 1st, 2012, 05:29 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've tried them and liked them fine. They have really great customer service, lots of cute prints and they're very affordable. I'm very excited to try their new NB sized dipes. My only complaint is that the OS diapers run pretty big to me as compared to some other OS diapers (like Sunbaby or BG). My 2 year old can easily fit on one of the tightest waist settings. They worked for him fine when we first tried them at 9 months old but I cannot imagine using them for a child much smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

October 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Good to know about the size, thank you!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 1st, 2012, 06:41 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two Alvas and a couple of their bamboo inserts. I have zero issues with them. They're not as large as my Kawaii mom label pockets though, so I don't find them to be huge (but they are bigger than the old Sunbaby which I have one of). I wouldn't use it on a newborn (like most OS diapers), but it would fit at the normal fit time for OS pockets at 10-12 lbs. I wouldn't go out and get a whole bunch of them, but I think a few to try would work out like most diapers.

October 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are my favorite pockets. I like the ones with the double guessets best. I notice if you order different "series", some run big and some run smaller. I have 1 black one that still doesnt fit Nicholas at 15 months old lol. But all the others are awesome.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

October 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I love mine, I don't have the ones with double gussets though, but I wish that I did. My 2 month old still fits in the smallest setting. He's 12.12 lbs. I love most of the 6 I got, 4 of them are nice and stretchy and the other 2 aren't as stretchy and don't fit on the smallest setting. One of them is a minky diaper that doesn't stretch as much. I love the feeling of the PUL on the outside of the daiper, it's soft and nice. They don't stain as bad as some of my other diapers, but then again I haven't been using them for long (2 weeks maybe). I would like to get more of them, but I already have a huge stash for just one baby, and I'm supposed to be making my own lol.

Scarlett Diane

October 1st, 2012, 10:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a couple regular ones and a couple double gusset ones. I prefer the double gusset, for sure. They are not my favorite pocket, but maybe my second fave. (Happy Heinys are my favorite for my guy, in case you are wondering, LOL)

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
October 2nd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Thank you ladies! Sounds like they would be worth the $5.50!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search