Diaper creams

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've popped in and out before, but have a question.

I want to switch to a cd safe diaper cream. I've been using the desitin with 40% zinc oxide with a fleece liner. My daughter has the worst rash you could imagine at times. Bleeding open sores. She poos frequently 5+ times a day so her bottom is always red, but does open at times

What's the best cream you've used for diaper rash that is cd safe?

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
October 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww I'm sorry the best cream I have used is Weleda calendula, but my DD has never had a rash that bad. Have you tried lots of coverless time and/or naked time? Probiotics for helping her poops get better? Hope it clears up soon!

October 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
we use CJs butter, i have no complaints but my boys have never had a serious rash like that. Poor girl, sounds really painful

October 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's complex

She had surgery to create a rectum, so she's pooping for the first time in 2 years! Her skin breaks down bad because she isn't used to it. It's def getting better, but I need something to keep on her just to protect and then treat if needed.

:-)

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
October 3rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I use the Grovia Magic stick on my daughter and it seems to help keep her from getting red. I don't think it would help treat things once they are out of control like that though. Poor thing!

October 3rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow!! Well congrats on having a rectum now... I do imagine it's just a matter of time as her system and her skin adjusts. In the meantime I would use a lot of any emollient cream, coconut oil, aquaphor, etc and just experiment with what helps most. You can use fleece or cut up T shirt liners to protect your cloth from any non CD safe cream. Hopefully it will clear up on its own soon enough!

October 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
r&lsmama
We love cjs butter and cjs butter spray.
October 26th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Happy Mommy
I use CJs at every change, no issues with rashes since we started that
October 27th, 2012, 07:06 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate CJs honestly. It doesnt do a THING for Nicholas when he gets a rash.

Nicholas has had a bleeding rash before and we had to get a prescription to clear it up. Honestly I dont find desitin to work either. I'd get a prescription if you can, it should clear it up as quickly as 2-3 uses.

We use Baby Avalon Organics baby powder and/or BabyGanics Healin' Groovy non-petroleum .. expensive but lasts forever and works great.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

November 15th, 2012, 05:45 AM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
I love CJS, also coconut oil has worked wonders for us.

\
November 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was doing research on cloth diapers I read that Grandma El's is good to use... I haven't used it yet to say that it works but you can look into it a bit further... the link is attached.
Grandma El's Diaper Rash Cream
Hope your little one gets better...
November 23rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i got some CJs and it works ok but it takes a while. My DD hasnt had anything as bad as you describe but last week she had some blisters (no idea where it came from either). It took CJs about 4days to get rid of the blisters and its still red after a week. Honestly, Im not sure if CJs did anything or it just cleared up on its own with that amount of time.

Back when my son was small we didnt use cloth yet and I love Bordeauxs butt paste. It would clear up anything he had over night. Its not cloth safe but if you used a liner or a cloth wipe between the paste and the diaper I think it would be fine. Just a thought if the cloth safe creams dont work
DD born 1/3/12

December 8th, 2012, 06:43 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use CJ's with every diaper change as a preventative, my LO is lactose sensitive and her poo is like acid for her bum... so with the cj's there and being quick with the diaper change we can stay pretty clear of the open sore rash

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search