Newbie here, what are your favorite?!

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Hi ladies!
I'm new to JM and the cloth diapering world, so I just wanted to ask what your favorite CD necessities are. We're currently working on our stash, in hopes of getting pregnant in the near future, and I don't want to stock up on something most people don't care for!!

TIA!! =)

Our current favorite names:
Sawyer Mattison & Kohl Davis
October 4th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! The answer you get will vary a lot based on people's preferences and the way different brands fit on their babies. Having said all of that here are my favorites for each category that I've tried:

Pockets: Sunbaby & BumGenius 4.0 (based on your price point and print requirements )
AIO: BumGenius 2.0
AI2: Happy Heineys
Prefolds: Imagine
Covers: Bummis Super Brite & Thirsties Duo

Not a huge fan of fitteds or flats so I have no great experience with those.

ETA: Forgot accessories. Snappis are great for prefolds or snap less dipes. Wetbags and diaper sprayer are necessary to me. (I went 6 months without a sprayer and it's doable but the sprayers much quicker IMO).

Last edited by Memi; October 5th, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
October 5th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd say my favorites on my big toddler (young but already 34" and 27+ lb!) are my GMD flats and prefolds in Flip, Econobum, or Thirsties Duo covers. I also like my AIOs and fitteds but they don't seem as essential now in hindsight. I do like to use fitteds coverless though since we do part time Elimination Communication and it also helps if she is ever a touch rashy.

I also loved my NB and small GMD prefolds and hope to have a chance to use them again

Aside from that, I'd say boingos, snappis, pins, wet bags, and wipes are all great to have around.

I will say that as mom of an oddly shaped baby (she has big tender thighs and a smaller waist and a big booty/high rise) I use 95% aplix or sometimes side snaps. Front snapping diapers made to fit the average shape just don't work on my baby. I make it work for a few stretchy covers but they do still dig in her thighs and I can't use them for too long at a time or she gets chafe marks.

October 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks ladies!
I've read so much lately that it's all just starting to mush together. I think our plan right now is to just get a couple of each type & brand and see what works best.
We still have PLENTY of time to work on a stash, but want to get started so that SO can't change his mind about cloth. ; )

Our current favorite names:
Sawyer Mattison & Kohl Davis
October 5th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i really like flats for at home, we have some AIOs for out and fitteds for night time. But ive tried just about everything inorder to figure out what worked best for my family. I think trying a few of lots of brands/types is an awesome plan, and generally what i recommend to new CDers

October 6th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My two faves are Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0 and Happy Heiny One size pocket. But I have a chubby thighed baby!!!

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
October 7th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
I'd say my favorites on my big toddler (young but already 34" and 27+ lb!) are my GMD flats and prefolds in Flip, Econobum, or Thirsties Duo covers. I also like my AIOs and fitteds but they don't seem as essential now in hindsight. I do like to use fitteds coverless though since we do part time Elimination Communication and it also helps if she is ever a touch rashy.

I also loved my NB and small GMD prefolds and hope to have a chance to use them again

Aside from that, I'd say boingos, snappis, pins, wet bags, and wipes are all great to have around.

I will say that as mom of an oddly shaped baby (she has big tender thighs and a smaller waist and a big booty/high rise) I use 95% aplix or sometimes side snaps. Front snapping diapers made to fit the average shape just don't work on my baby. I make it work for a few stretchy covers but they do still dig in her thighs and I can't use them for too long at a time or she gets chafe marks.
We have the same problem with my littlest LO..have you tried the Original Smart Snugs with the hip snaps??? They work perfect for "odd" shapes! Smart Snugs Original Pocket Diapers

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search