Officially...

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 07:37 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
...I have found that WAHMs outlive mass-manufactured diapers. Clearly, that isn't an "across the board" statement. I am sure everyone can tell me about a WAHM that fell apart in a week (whew, I hope not!) or a mass-produced diaper that lasted for twelve years.

BUT...I have been CDing for about 2.25 years and have had a bunch of diapers for at least 2 years. I finally have to accept that I need to toss a couple Elementals and a couple Bottombumpers. One of my flip cover is dead, at least two of the inserts are stinky and ugly to the point that I hate using them. One of my best bottom covers is on its last legs of life. I am so sad about this. It feels like I am losing diapers! Lol.

BUT, my TKCs, my Preston pants, and my piddle poddles fitteds are holding up like no ones business. I even bought a couple of the TKCS used 2 years ago...and they are going strong. A little fabric wear where they attach to the PUL. Some pencil tip sized hotels underneath the soaker here and there. But no where near the issues I am having with my dead diapers. One of my Elementals is literally in tatters...but I hate to toss it! Lol.

I just was surprised how much better my WAHMs held up. I mean, two years of hard wear (through a couple kids) is a good life for a diaper anyway. Especially since I am talking about AIOs or AI2s. I think pockets may live longer. But even my husband commented that they barely are showing wear.
greenchild likes this.
October 8th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have always thought that AIOs wear out the fastest, then anything with microfiber (inserts etc). Some brands like Motherease are known for super durability. And flats, prefolds, and anything all-cotton is supposed to last longer than hemp or bamboo.

I am hoping that my large Bottombumpers last M until she is diaper free full time. They seem fine right now but I've heard a few stories of them breaking down after over a year of heavy use. I always unsnap the soaker for washing so I hope that helps. But I am not expecting them to last for a second child.

My Motherease Sandys fitteds have lost just a bit of absorbancy but I don't use them for superabsorbancy anyway, and I like that they dry faster now all my other fitteds are WAHM so I hope your experience holds true for me as well!!

October 8th, 2012, 07:15 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I have some pocket diapers I made 6yrs ago that still work great. I had a fuzzibunz I used about 4 months that fell apart. I haven't tried many other commercially made diapers.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search