New to CD, but not to JM!

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Crystallee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 05:47 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Hi there!
My name is Karin, and I was formerly the co-host of the Trying to Conceive Your First Child board (and a longtime member of that board), and now, after a 3 1/2 year journey of trying to conceive our first (ending in IVF), we are expecting our first child in January!

I am now co-host of my awesome Jan 2013 DDC!

So, I'm not at all new to JM, but just now making the foray into the world of CD...

I would LOVE to try CD, but I'm not 100% committed yet. I know I will use 'sposies for the first bit of newborn-ness, but since I will be a SAHM, I think I shall have the time and would love to put the effort into trying CD for our little Scooter.

That being said, I'm a huge researcher of everything baby-related. I have saved this gem until last. Why? Because it overwhelms me. I have 2 good JM friendlies that are both going to CD when their little ones arrive, and I've gotten some great advice from them, but I know this board will be a great resource for me as well.

So...just wanted to pop in, introduce myself, and say hi! I will probably be lurking around here for a bit before I start asking my questions, but in the interim, if you have any advice you'd like to toss my way, please don't hesitate!

Many thanks!
xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 11th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see you've made your way over here!
kbpeanut likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 05:54 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Thanks "friendly #1"
Belita likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cloth is so great on newborns. As a FTM everything is new and overwhelming, sposies are really only "easier" when you are used to them. Hope you enjoy your CD journey, we are here to help if you have any questions! Check out the stickies and ask away

October 11th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! This board is great. Please feel free to post any questions you have!
October 12th, 2012, 11:56 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello!!! Congrats on your baby on the way! So exciting! I have 4 kiddos and just jumped into cloth in July. I was always overwhelmed at the thought and now I wished I would have from the beginning. This youtube series helped me a TON to understand all the lingo and such: Cloth Diapering 101 (part 1 of 7) - YouTube

October 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Glad to see this too.
kbpeanut likes this.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
October 15th, 2012, 09:31 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Welcome and I hope the overwhelming feeling fades away as you hang around here.

I bop on and off this board. I have been CDing for 2.5 years now. I will be diapering my second newborn this spring. It's fabulous!
October 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
It's really not that hard. I started out by buying some from someone locally for cheap. They didn't work out for my toddler, and I did give them up. However, I have had a baby recently and decided early on that I would do the CD thing from the start. And we did, straight in the hospital.

It's been so easy and normal that I don't even think about disposable diapers anymore. Stuffing diapers has become a habit. I've in fact moved on to making my own, which is unbelievably easy as well. Cltoh wipes, I just use old baby wash cloths. I learned I don't like prefolds so much, but mostly because I'm not fond of covers. I'm an AIO and pocket girl. AIO's are great for bedtime changing. So is velcro. Snaps aren't so hard to figure out, even my husband has changed a few snap diapers. He refuses to change diapers usually, so I wasn't able to teach him how to use them, he wouldn't learn. He just happened to pick one up and change a diaper. Besides not getting it on tight enough, he did a fabulous job.

And this site, this site has always been helpful. There's lots of posts about anything you might need to know. And if you can't find it on here, there's tons of sites to look at as well as YouTube.

Scarlett Diane

October 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I just have to say I love cloth!! And there's nothing wrong with using disposables every now and then or at the beginning when you're recovering from childbirth. I switched to cloth earlier than I thought because it contains the pee and poop better than I could get the disposables to and I was tired of changing clothes and bedding in the middle of the night.

This is my 2nd time around doing cloth and the first time I've tried flats. I actually really love them and they are not any harder to do and they are much more versatile. You fold them ahead of time and grab one out like you would any other diaper. My favorite newborn fold is the origami fold, if you want to look it up on youtube or something. No snappi or pins required, just a cover.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search