Sunbaby diapers

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 01:28 PM
chomsee
Decided on using sunbaby diapers. Anyone else go with this brand?
Just wondering on size 1 or 2? Or should I wait to order when the baby is born? (Due Dec) My sister had a baby girl in may and she was very long (i suspect my boy isn't going to be quite as long as we are not as tall as them hehe) and quite chunky but now shes long and quite a bit leaner..(meaning she changed sizes quite a bit) Should I buy both? Or only size 1 if I'm starting from newborn? I'm sure I could exchange the diapers I don't use for more in the size I want later. How many cloth diapers should I invest in? I've heard of people doing laundry daily and having them wear out faster. I have a washer/dryer in my kitchen so washing them will be convenient and can do it anytime.

Any good links for brands on toilet sprayer things?
How often do you strip your diapers?
Wet bag tips? Not familiar at all with these.

I am going to start with the microfiber and then double up with bamboo or hemp at nap/night time or if he's a big wetter.

thanks for all your help
October 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use sunbabies almost exclusively. I love them. There is honestly not a huge difference in size 1 and 2, I think size 2 are meant for chubbier babies but the are essentially the size length. I really bout that sunbabies will work from birth. Probably from around 2 months. You may want to get some covers and prefds for the itty bitty days.

Microfibre holds stink really bad, so I would advise against it, but it is up to you. You only strip diapers when it is needed, when you get stink build up or repelling issues.

As for washing, for the first fees months you will go through 10+ diapers a day, so buy according to how often you wash. For my 18 month old, I use about 6-7 diapers a day, and have about 30, I only need 18 or so, but I am stocking up to diaper two LOs.

Last edited by stargatemommy; October 18th, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
October 18th, 2012, 03:28 PM
chomsee
Do you use size 1 or 2? Have you ever had a problem with size 2 being too big or is it just size 1 being too small? <-- This is the biggest problem I'm having right now because I don't know which size to get. :headache:

What do you use instead of microfiber? I heard people having problems with the hemp/bamboo because it absorbs slower which is prone to more leaks.
October 18th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use size two, but I have a chunky 18 month old and I didn't use them on him as a newborn. Size 2 will last longer but size one is more likely to fit as a newborn (still unlikely, but still more possible). I use alva bamboo inserts, and don't have leaks, but I change them every 3 hours and my son is a light pee-er.

October 20th, 2012, 10:47 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
99.9% of my diapers are sunbaby (I have 2 alva's) ... a fair mix of size 1, size 2 and her older pre-sized diapers (most smaller then a 1) I have been using them since DD was 3 months old and on the tiny end now 1 year old and on the tall and chubby end.... I really do not feel there is much of any difference between the 2... with her diapers they actually vary print to print... I can hold up a size 2 from one release and it is smaller then a size 1 from another...
That is one thing with China diapers, not too much quality control happening....

I love mine, LOVE LOVE LOVE them... I have around 65 diapers and all but 2 are Sunbaby

I have stripped once? I got a detergent buildup cause I was using Rock N Green Soft with a water softner, LOL

I got my sprayer off ebay, cheapest one they had was $23

I have 2 large wetbags in the house, one for her room and the other for the bathroom... I make them and I have about 4 smalls for out and about.

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

October 20th, 2012, 02:34 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a fan of Sunbaby. They don't fit my little guy right. I'm a fan of the alva though.

I don't use a sprayer, I use the shower head in my bathtub. I cancelled my sprayer order because I didn't want to have to clean up spray everywhere, much easier to clean the bathtub.

I have lots of small wetbags (to travel) and several large ones that I keep in the bathroom. LOVE them.

October 21st, 2012, 08:59 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I highly recommend the alva, especially the double guesset ones, worth the extra couple dollars. Their wet bags are also great!!
I use a knickernappers diaper sprayer, works great!

For stripping I recommend Laundry Tarts Strip it. Phenomenal stuff!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

October 22nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
The Truth is out There
I have heard that Sunbaby diapers won't fit a baby until the baby is around 10lbs, so I'm not sure how it would work for a newborn. I got 3 Thirsties newborn sized covers (which work 6-18lbs) and I'm going to get prefolds to go with them.

I'm getting 24 diapers in size 1, and then if I need more (Which I probably will) I'll evaluate how they fit and then decide if I want to go with more size 1 or get some size 2

October 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Size 1s run a little smaller so they will fit a newborn before a Size 2 will. If I was using them from birth, I would get equal parts Size 1 and Size 2 if you're worried about them fitting early and in the toddler years. Having said that, my Size 1s still fit on my 2 year old DS just fine. Some of them I have to give adjust one extra snap looser...but that's the only difference. So I would suggest stacking up on as many of the older prints because those are the truly different smaller Size 1s. The new Size 1s v. Size 2s don't seem to be any difference at all TBH.

P.S. I love my Sunbabys. It's easily 75% of my stash and almost always what I use exclusively.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search