create-a-stash game :)

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your sister/cousin/friend has a $500 budget for everything she needs for a CD stash, ideally from birth to potty learning, but she will probably be gifted some newborn sposies so may not need much for the very early weeks. She knows nothing about cloth diapering but wants something pretty easy and basic, and must have at least 6 aplix pockets or AIOs for babysitters. She also needs all accessories.

From currently available, new items at a single CD store of your choice... what do you pick out for her???

October 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH FUN!!!

Im shopping at Nickis Diapers.
I got her:

Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit $184.95
~18 prefolds (15+lbs)
~2 medium super whisper wraps
~2 super brites - medium
~1 roll large bio-soft liners
~5 re-usable fleece liners
~1 large wet bag
~Free sample bum bum balm
~User guide

Imagine Fleece Wipes - 10 pack x 2 = $15.90

Snappi Diaper Fastener - 2 pack = $5.75

FuzziBunz Hanging Diaper Pail - $17.95

Econobum Kit = $17.95
~3 OS covers
~12 Prefolds
~1 wet bag

Kawaii Heavy wetter x 3 = $35.85

Kawaii OS Pocket diaper x 3 = $29.85

bumGenius Freetime All-In-One - Buy 5, Get 1 FREE = $92.50

2 OS Bumkins AIO = $21.90

Imagine Bamboo Doubler x 3 = $10.47

3 Pack wool dryer balls $19.95

Imagine Diaper Sprayer $31.45

Rockin Green $14.95

Kissaluvs Diaper lotion potion - $8.95

Subtotal $524.37
Discount $26.22 (fb fan 5%)
TOTAL $498.15

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

October 22nd, 2012, 09:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is a sweet stash Ashley!!! Nickis is a great place for deals.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves designing imaginary stashes for other people I seriously think about it a lot. I am weird.

I went pretty standard with Cotton Babies. Pockets for going out/babysitters/lazy times and they can be stuffed with a Flip organic for overnight, OS trifold inserts in covers for the rest.

1 x bumGenius 4.0 One-Size Stay-Dry Cloth Diaper 12-Pack
2 x Flip Day Pack: Organic 2 One-Size Diaper Covers 6 Organic Inserts
1 x Econobum: Full Kit 3 Diaper Covers 12 Prefolds 1 WetBag

1 x bumGenius Diaper Sprayer
2 x bumGenius Flannel Baby Wipes
2 x bumGenius Traveler Wetbag
3 x Buddha Bunz Wool Dryer Balls

Total $499.94

October 23rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay I'm a nerd and did it again at Diaper Junction She will be mostly trifolding sized prefolds in OS covers but has some nighttime pockets too. The Thirsties AIOs have a tunnel pocket and I have heard are not very absorbent so I have some hemp doublers for them too. When the small pfs are outgrown they could be used too.

The Thirsties Duos are all size 2 because in my experience those start to fit pretty well really early, like as early as most OS stuff.

Flo Diaper Sprayer = $54.95

LooHoo Wool Dryer Balls x 3 = $26.85

Bummis FABULOUS Wet Bag - Medium x 2 = $29.90

GroVia Diaper Pail Liner x 2 = $31.90

Diaper Rite Flannel Wipes pack x 2 = $15.00

Kawaii Goodnight Diaper x 4 = $47.80

Flip One Size Diaper Cover x 2 = $27.90

Thirsties Duo Wrap Diaper Cover x 2 = $24.50

Diaper Rite One Size COVER x 2 = $17.90

Babykicks Hemparoo Joey Bunz Size: Small x 8 = $44.00

Thirsties Duo ALL IN ONE aplix x 6 = $90.00

Diaper Rite Prefolds - Medium x 18 = $46.62

Diaper Rite Prefolds - Small x 18 = $41.22

Total $498.54
angelsailor288 likes this.

Last edited by shen7; October 23rd, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
October 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd shop at Nicki's too. Considering I've only spent about $300 total, this will be like dream shopping for me!

2 dozen infant PFs $36
6 NB Prorap covers $39.78
2 pack of Snappis $5.75
4 Imagine NB AIOs $35.80
6 Kawaii OS $59.70
4 Small Prorap covers $26.52
4 Med Prorap covers $26.52
2 Bummis pail liners $16.00
1 dozen premium PFs $24
2 packs flannel wipes $17.90
6 BG 4.0 $104.7

Ok, I'm at $392.67. Honestly, I have a hard time spending even hypothetical money! I don't know what else I'd get.

October 24th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^^ My DD would not have any covers that fit her anymore by the time she was 6-7 months old with that stash, Shannon!! And a dozen pockets would not be enough to get through, she was still pooping a few times a day at that time and going through lots of diapers. I would need to use those premium pfs. I think you can save tons of $$ if you have littler/skinny butt babies, but let's assume the baby gets to size Large well before PLing. Just so you can spend more money

I think add 4 Large proraps, a diaper sprayer, a couple on the go wet bags, and maybe some wool dryer balls and you will reach $500.

You get big bonus points for including a full newborn stash!!!!

Last edited by shen7; October 24th, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
October 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
^^ My DD would not have any covers that fit her anymore by the time she was 6-7 months old with that stash, Shannon!! And a dozen pockets would not be enough to get through, she was still pooping a few times a day at that time and going through lots of diapers. I would need to use those premium pfs. I think you can save tons of $$ if you have littler/skinny butt babies, but let's assume the baby gets to size Large well before PLing. Just so you can spend more money

I think add 4 Large proraps, a diaper sprayer, a couple on the go wet bags, and maybe some wool dryer balls and you will reach $500.

You get big bonus points for including a full newborn stash!!!!
E is 20 months and his medium Proraps are still HUGE on him. Proraps run big in general. The Meds say 13-25lbs, but E is 21lbs and they're just starting to fit him. I mostly use PFs and covers at home, pockets for DH or Grandma, out of the house (sometimes), and nights DH puts him to bed.

October 24th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~~Shannon~~*

E is 20 months and his medium Proraps are still HUGE on him. Proraps run big in general. The Meds say 13-25lbs, but E is 21lbs and they're just starting to fit him. I mostly use PFs and covers at home, pockets for DH or Grandma, out of the house (sometimes), and nights DH puts him to bed.
Trust me... she would have outgrown them!! She always outgrew stuff before the stated weight range. She was outgrowing small-running larges (like the brown edge GMD workhorse) at 6-7 months and 23ish lb, and also her large running mediums like her medium Imse Vimse cover, and smaller OS like Grovia. I was afraid she would not fit ANY diapers before she plateaued out, but luckily she stopped in her big larges and bigger OS like Flips!! Granted, she is a chart topper, but I think most babies do end up in Large before PLing. She is now 27+ lb.

October 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Proraps are huge. DH didn't believe me how over sized they were. I put a medium on my older son when he was four. It fit. And he's a 75th percentile type kid.

October 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I keep doing these. It has been a stressful week and apparently pretend diaper shopping is a big stress reliever for me.

I didn't bother copy pasting on my phone, but I did one at Kissed By the Moon with stay dry osocozy prefolds (I think they are a neat idea for people who need or prefer staydry but want the versatility of prefolds!), plenty of covers, and 6 BG4.0s. It included a full newborn stash and my usual accessories, plus 12 hemp doublers, minus a diaper sprayer which KBTM did not have in stock. I probably would have done more pockets if their Kawaii were in stock.

October 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Happy Mommy
I'd not shop at a store per say, but I'd stalk some HC stockings to get some aweomse Fitteds from various WAHM. I'd buy some alvas with snaps and stuff with prefolds for sitters.
October 26th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737
I'd not shop at a store per say, but I'd stalk some HC stockings to get some aweomse Fitteds from various WAHM. I'd buy some alvas with snaps and stuff with prefolds for sitters.
Really?? Can you price that out? My general sense is that most HC WAHM fitteds are way too pricey, you'd blow half the budget on fitteds alone before you even get to the covers and accessories. Which WAHM stores would you be stalking?

Do any alvas come with aplix? I was thinking that babysitter dipes need to fasten with aplix in the front. I wanted to do a pretend $500 stash with GMD but they don't have any aplix AIOs or pockets in their current stock...

October 26th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i dont think alvas have applix, Kawaii does, they are fairly inexpensive too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search