At what weight did you start BG 4.0?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bostoncreampie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2012, 06:36 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Just wondering at what age some of you started using BG 4.0s. Ruby was born this past weekend and weighs 8.6, but looks tinier than that! She is super petite. We were expecting her to be bigger after my last was 10.9. Wondering when I should even give it a try.
November 1st, 2012, 04:50 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i started using OS stuff after my boys outgrew their NB stuff (so around 10-12lbs)

congrats on your new baby girl!

November 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We don't have 4.0s, but we have Elementals (the fit is similar in my book). My son was born at 8.4lb, and grew quickly. We were using them at about 6 weeks...around 11-12lbs. I think most people start OS diapers around that 10-12lb mark (depending on particular body build). Most babies legs start to fill out around then

Congrats on your little lady!!
November 1st, 2012, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You could try leaving it unsnapped but folding over the whole back/tabs piece twice, so that the snaps or aplix tabs are still oriented correctly but the rise and legs are much smaller. This is a trick I saw with Flips for a newborn on DS. It makes the legs quite a bit tighter than just snapping down the rise. It might be a bit trickier and bulkier with a pocket but should work the same I think.

November 4th, 2012, 10:54 AM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used them for the first time with Hannah a couple days ago and she did fine in them! Since she was 9 lbs 14 oz at her 2 week, I'm sure she's 10+ now. I know the weight range is like 7 or 8+ but we had to wait because of her umbilical. I put one on her as soon as it finally all fell off!!! Not sure if you're using snaps or velcro, but it took me a minute to get it snapped right and then it fit her well.
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

November 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used them at about 1 week. Weston was 8 3 at birth. We had a few leaks, but nothing regular. No leaks now at 6 weeks

November 13th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Peter was in them at birth at 7.5 pounds and still fit them after he dropped to 6.5 pounds, he has always had really fat thighs though.

November 14th, 2012, 10:04 AM
she's up a pound already at 9 lbs 6 and i tried it on yesterday and it will work. going to set up the diaper pail and have her in them tomorrow. exciting!
stargatemommy and acchickpea like this.
November 15th, 2012, 05:43 AM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
I agree, about 10-12 pounds.

\
November 18th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Well she leaked through both that I put her in. The first was with a newborn insert only, through the leg. So I assumed she needed the regular insert so I tried that, and she leaked pee up the back! The insert is totally wicking and not absorbing the pee very well. I washed them a few times before using... not sure why she leaked up the back if it is a size issue. It felt nice and snug.
November 19th, 2012, 08:35 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenpie View Post
Well she leaked through both that I put her in. The first was with a newborn insert only, through the leg. So I assumed she needed the regular insert so I tried that, and she leaked pee up the back! The insert is totally wicking and not absorbing the pee very well. I washed them a few times before using... not sure why she leaked up the back if it is a size issue. It felt nice and snug.
I have the OS bum Genious 4.0 and started my little man when he was about 13 lbs... no leaks as of yet...
When you wash make sure you use a soap that would not cause a wax residue... Maybe try stripping the cloths diapers in the wash... (I never tried stripping yet but was told that you would use just a very small amount of dish soap (like Dawn) in the wash and then do an extra rinse cycle)

Good luck with the leaks!
November 19th, 2012, 02:08 PM
i called cottonbabies and they said she's probably too small. she said it wouldnt be a residue problem as i prewashed them in bum genius soap, she said its normal for liquid to bead on the cover inside, that the pressure of the babies bum is what causes it to sink in, and that shes probably too light and its not getting in to the insert enough. so i will try again in a few weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search