Disposable inserts like flip/grovia question

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are doing some traveling this holiday season and I would like to take our cloth with us but not be stuck with smelly diapers in the car for 15hours. Last time we took a long car ride I put her in disposable diapers to avoid this and they leaked like crazy and our car still smelled like poo since her clothing and car seat got poo on them. Id like to give the cloth hybrid system a try BUT..... Id like to avoid buying more diapers right now as we have Christmas and baby's 1st bday coming up and lots of expenses.

Do you think I could buy flip or grovia disposable inserts and put them inside a different cover? Right now I have thirsties and best bottom covers. Is there any reason why I would need to have the specific diaper covers if im using the disposable inserts?
DD born 1/3/12

November 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
has anyone tried this?
DD born 1/3/12

November 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
ive never tried it or used the disposable options with cloth, the only issue i could see is that they were designed to fit with certain covers, so i dont know how well they would fit with other covers

November 20th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
We have put a Thirsties cover over a disposable.... not sure if that would help you?

November 20th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have only tried the gdiapers ones, and I was NOT impressed!

November 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM
thanks ladies....maybe i'll just deal with the stink in the car or find a better wetbag.
DD born 1/3/12

November 22nd, 2012, 07:37 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The grovia sposie inserts will fit inside a best bottom. However they leave behind a sticky residue that is not always easy to get off. BUT! They are awesome!! They hold soooo much. I used to use them for overnights.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

November 23rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have only ever used the Grovia sposie inserts. They do work well. They fit in any cover but it has to be a very snug fitting cover since they are way thinner than cloth! And I personally didn't find them easy enough since poop would still get everywhere and then I'd have poopy covers to carry around, and there was this extra hassle of making sure we had enough covers and then putting together a new diaper every time even in tiny places like in the airplane restroom and stuff. We use Nature babycare sposies when traveling now. M doesn't get rashy with them, unlike 7th Gen, and they don't smell. (They just cost an arm and a leg!)

November 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
i decided to give flip a try. they had them for buy one get one free today so i got 2 covers and a 18pk of disposable inserts for just under $20 shipped. I figure even if they arent great with disposables they are at least another cover we can use. We use BGE as our main diaper so Im sure these will fit her since they are basically the same thing on the outside.
DD born 1/3/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search