Diaper Cover and prefold Questions

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I used cloth diapers with my son and I loved what I used. Thirsties Duo wraps with Indian prefolds. Now with my second I would love to try something new but stay along the same lines with either a DiaperCover/prefold or All in Twos (which seem very similar). I do not want to use all in ones because I want the flexibility to reuse the diaper cover. It seems to really cut down on laundry.

I did look up other covers and it seems like Thirsties just get great reviews and I have to agree. My only complaint is inside where the flap is in the front... sometime that gets wet depending on how wet the prefold is. I noticed that Romparooz does not have that flap. I guess that little flap is suppose to protect the baby from the back of the snaps for the rise.

Also, any opinions with prefolds? It seems like Green Mountain Diapers Cloth-eez get great reviews. Was thinking of trying those instead of my Indian Prefolds (but my Indian prefolds have worked great... should I just stick with what I already like or branch out?)

Any help would greatly help. My little girl is 4 months and 13 lbs. I am using disposibles right now because I like the ease of them when they are this little.

Thank you!!!
November 20th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
GMD are highly regarded in the cloth diapering world. I have not tried them personally though. I am not a fan of thirsties or rumparoos because of the elastic in the front. I don't like weehuggers either.... I don't think I like OS covers. I LOVE bummis covers!

November 21st, 2012, 07:37 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the Flip covers for prefolds because you can just fold the prefold and lay it on in there and it holds pretty well.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

November 21st, 2012, 09:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you like the regular Indian prefolds I would just stick with them. With sized prefolds like GMD you need to buy more sizes. It is nice because you don't need to fold down so they are less bulky, but if the more economical ones work great for you, there is no reason to switch!

Nickis Diapers does Imagine indian prefolds in traditional sizes and those get great reviews.

I like Thirsties Duo covers a lot but like Ashley said, Flips are great for trifolding! Econobum covers are also really great and a great price. Bummis (super brites, super lites, and super whisper wraps) are all pretty popular if you prefer a sized cover.

I am doing a lot of trifolded GMD red edge (mediums) in aplix Flip covers these days and love it for easy cleaning fast changes!

November 22nd, 2012, 07:35 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^Ditto, the Econobum cover, as well as prefolds, are great. I trifold the econobums and actually prefer them over my much more expensive bummis prefolds.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Tags
ai2s , diaper cover , prefolds , thirsties , thirsties duo wrap

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search