Newborn stashes ladies :-)

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2012, 12:19 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I have been cloth diapering my 2 year old for about 6 months or so, she started having allergic reactions: sensitivity issues to disposables, so now that we are expecting #3 in July, I have decided to cloth diaper from day one :-) yay!!! I love my CDs for my dd so hopefully I can build a great stash for baby C :-)

What does your newborn stash consist of and what would you avoid?
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

November 25th, 2012, 02:17 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I thought we could use one size diapers on my little one, but they leak every single time. They are BG 4's and she is around 9.5 lbs. So while I can't recommend anything, I can tell you that one size diapers do not work on my 4 week old!
November 25th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
in our NB stash i have

24 newborn prefolds
6 xs bummis covers
12 xs BGs
12 lil joeys

November 25th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My stash is:
30 GMD orange edge prefolds
Several misc nb preflats that came as trifold inserts for OS fitteds
6 ikea flats (they are small, like 24" sq)
4 preemie prefolds as well

4 Thirsties duo size 1 covers (half girly half GN)
2 nb bummis sww (did not love these with M, may destash), white so GN
1 nb bummis sb, GN
1 nb/sm Covered Caboose fleece wrap (otw) GN

I plan to replace girly duo covers with boyish Capri covers if we are having a boy

And I agree, OS stuff does NOT fit newborns. They do outgrow newborn size really fast (M took 5-6 weeks, was 8 1/2 lbs at birth) but it is so nice to have stuff that fits their tiny lil bodies well. And if you have a petite baby or preemie they will be in nb size much longer. The best bang for your buck will definitely be small flats, but those are a bit more work to use. Next most economical are prefolds, and finally fitteds and AIOs are pricey, but if you buy used and resell again you would not be out too much money.

November 26th, 2012, 11:45 AM
The Truth is out There
I haven't had my baby yet, but my stash so far consists of Prefolds with Thirsties covers (the ones that go from 6-18lb). When she is big enough to fit, we're going to switch to pocket diapers.

November 28th, 2012, 03:55 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used the tiny g diapers and they were ok. They leaked a lot and I wasent a fan. Matthew was 8 4 when he was born and could fit in them untill about 6 ish weeks, then I switched him to my flips. I plan on destashing the tiny g's and getting some sort of prefolds with covers for the next baby

November 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our newborn stash is all prefolds and xs covers (a variety...I think 4-5 Nikky wool ones, a couple of thirsties, some hand-me-down Motherease).
November 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm building my stash right now. I've got 2 OS Flip covers and inserts for them. I've got some small prefolds and 2 size 1 Thirsties covers. I plan to get more OS covers (Flip and WAHM) and some newborn Rumparooz.
November 29th, 2012, 09:02 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I'm thinking we will be going with Prefolds & fitteds with covers for our NB stash. I really love my dd's BSRBs so I'm thinking of getting their itty bittys. I might grab a few lil joeys for gma and daddy care lol
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

December 1st, 2012, 06:19 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My nb stash consists of GMD workhorse diapers, GMD newborn prefolds and BG newborns. LOVE the workhorse diapers and hate the BG. I will stock up on more workhorse diapers for the next baby and some more Thirsties covers. That's what worked best for us. I may also pick up a few Alva newborns. I'm intrigued and even if I hate them I won't be out much money.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search