EBF and poop

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By alwayssmile
  • 1 Post By stargatemommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that EBF babies poop does not have to be rinsed but if its not will that cause staining? I'm finally using cloth full time and had our first poopy cloth diaper. Well I washed and the diaper is still yellow :-( is this normal. Is there a way to prevent it? I always feel silly asking questions, but I'm still learning.

December 10th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have tried both ways and the staining happens both ways. However the sun is magical and gets rid of them completely!

December 10th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it will stain even if you do rinse it. i personally never cared about the inside of the diaper as it will just get pooped in again. over time it fades with washing. you can get rid of some of the staining if you put it out in the sun to dry.
DD born 1/3/12

December 10th, 2012, 09:18 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my. I'm pretty OCD about stains lol. This ought to be interesting. Sunning would probably be tough considering its cold and gloomy here in MI now

December 11th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
you can sun the stains out, or i guess you could buy liners

idk stains on diapers doesnt bug me, im not much help sorry

December 11th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm OCD about stains on my diapers too. It just bother me as I like to take care of them the best I can and frankly it looks nasty. Just try to wait for an oddly nice day or even for a few months to sun them. It doesn't necessarily matter how much time has passed, as long as the diapers are damp/wet the sun can work magic. Also I have heard lemon juice can help get hard stains out while sunning.
aubers68 likes this.

December 11th, 2012, 09:37 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, normal. Just know that even months from now you can set them outside in the sun wet and the stains will go away! You can even sun inside if you have a sunny window to set them next to. Not as powerful usually, but can work.

I hate how others think that they're "dirty" because of the stains, but the actual stains don't bother me. I'll just sun later.
aubers68 likes this.

December 11th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Yeah not much you can do about staining but sun is AMAZING. I usually wait until spring/summer to sun my diapers.

December 11th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Any sun that happens, spray the diapers with water and sun them through the window.... Don't put them outside, as they will freeze.
aubers68 likes this.

December 23rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am way OCD about staining too. I had the same issue when I first starting using cloth. I was just tossing ebf poop diapers in the pail and dumping it all in the wash. Then my heart sank when all my new, pristine diapers had big orange stains all over them. I now soak all poopy diapers in Oxi Clean and haven't had a stain since. I do a very diluted solution of about 1.5 gallons of water and 1 tablespoon Oxi Clean powder. I spray the poop off as best I can and then soak the diaper for 24 hours or so until it is completely white again. Then I pull it out of my Oxi Clean bucket, rinse it really well and throw it in the diaper pail until wash day. Inserts and stuff I just leave in the Oxi Clean solution until I wash. This will also get old stains out.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

December 24th, 2012, 12:35 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I havent really had any issues with staining. My covers had a little on the inside and that hasent come out yet but my inserts havent stained. They have before but where gone the next wash. Ivenoticed that if i dont use enough soap thats when they stain or if i use diaper rash cream then it takes an extra wash to get them out. I want to try the sunning thing once its warmer here as well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search