Storing soiled diapers

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Where do you put your dirty diapers? (hanging wet bag, specialized bin, regular trashbin with a liner?etc)

How often do you wash diapers?

How many diapers are in your stash(does this influence how often you wash)?

December 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Where do you put your dirty diapers? (hanging wet bag, specialized bin, regular trashbin with a liner?etc) I have a kitchen garbage can with a pail liner

How often do you wash diapers? i have 2 in diapers and i wash every other day, when #3 comes in march we will likely wash every night

How many diapers are in your stash(does this influence how often you wash)? right now i have 57 diapers that my kids can fit, i also have a newborn stash that has about 48 diapers in it (mostly prefolds) i could go longer without washing but i find they dont get clean enough if i over fill the washer

December 19th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Where do you put your dirty diapers? (hanging wet bag, specialized bin, regular trashbin with a liner?etc)
Fuzzibunz hanging wet bag. But it sits on the floor these days lol. I have 2 that rotate. They get washed with the diapers.

2-3 days. I can tell when the bag is full enough for a good load.

I have in current rotation 12 AIOs, about 10 fitteds, 24 prefolds, 24 flats, 4 overnight pockets, and assorted covers and stuffers and doublers and liners. Clearly I have way more than I need I wash when I have enough dirties for a full load. I like never worrying about having enough and I can easily keep a few in the car, diaper bag, etc.

December 19th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where do you put your dirty diapers? (hanging wet bag, specialized bin, regular trashbin with a liner?etc) regular trashcan with a pail liner. I have two liners so I can just throw the full one with the wash and have one to use in the meantime.

How often do you wash diapers? every other day. Once he's in his OS I'll probably be able to go every 3 days depending on how my washer is able to handle it.

How many diapers are in your stash(does this influence how often you wash)? I have about 24 NB diapers and probably closer to 35 OS pockets. I haven't counted them.

December 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We store in "hanging" wetbags that sit on the floor. We have three and rotate them around between the bathroom and living room and washing.

I wash about every 3 days, I have two wetbags that get dirties at the same time (living room is just wets, bathroom is poopy that have been sprayed), so whichever I grab or whichever is fuller for a good load. Our washer can hold about 25 nicely and get them clean, so I can't do one big load with both bags.

The number of diapers doesn't really affect how often I do laundry. I could keep my two boys in cloth for 10 days without washing if I needed/wanted to. But it's gross to let them sit for that long. So I basically wash and then often stack baskets (either folded or not) for a few days until two loads are clean and then restock the cabinet. That way all our diapers get an even rotation. But I don't have to rush for folding or restocking. It's a system that works for us. We have over 100 diapers for two kids in our OS stash, newborn stash (which will come out in may) has about 50 diapers and some prefolds. I know I am an addict
December 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Where do you put your dirty diapers? (hanging wet bag, specialized bin, regular trashbin with a liner?etc) In a "hanging" wet bag that is in a kitchen garbage can in the garage (where my laundry is). I also have 2 so that one is in the wash while the other one is collecting new ones.

How often do you wash diapers? When both were in diapers it was every day to every 2 days. My washer only does ok with about 30 diapers. Now it's every 3 days with only the one kiddo in diapers.

How many diapers are in your stash(does this influence how often you wash)? I have 36 prefolds and about 10 covers. I also have a dozen toddler prefolds in storage.
You really should wash 3 dozen or less diapers at a time so even if I had more diapers I still wash them every 3 days cause after that they just get funky......

December 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Where do you put your dirty diapers? (hanging wet bag, specialized bin, regular trashbin with a liner?etc) we have Maximum Capacity Diaper Pail with carbon filter - Diaper Accessories - Cotton Babies Cloth Diaper Store with a planet wise bag. i have 2 bags so i can use one when the other is being washed.

How often do you wash diapers? generally every other day or every third day

How many diapers are in your stash(does this influence how often you wash)? i have 24 that i am using on a regular rotation. i have more that i am going to prep to use but i will still wash frequently as i am at load capacity and if i wait any more days i will have to split it in to 2 loads. plus the idea of them sitting there more than 2-3 days sounds bad.
December 21st, 2012, 01:16 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
1- I put them in my pail which is just a trash can with flip top lid and I have a pail liner, 2 from planet wise and I alternate with washing. Then for travel I have a wet bag

2- usually every other day to every third day. Just depends on when I need more covers or the pail gets full lol

3- I have 8 covers and 36 inserts (I use flips) the covers are a perfect amount for how often I want to wash and I have more inserts then I really need lol. I figure they will come in handy for if I have 2 in cloth. And yes I have that amount based on washing... more inserts though lol

December 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use two large Planet Wise hanging wet bags.

Probably every 5 days. I clearly go longer than most women on this board, but I have no need to wash more frequently at this point.

I have put over half of my stash up now that DS is older and doesn't go through as many diapers. He is also PTing at daycare and they won't use cloth there anymore as they prefer pull ups for PTing so we don't use as many. I'd say I have about 25ish still out that we rotate. The number of diapers definetely influences how often I wash. I have a large enough stash that I've never had the need (except for when I first started off) to wash every night or every other day even. If I had less diapers I'd need to wash them more frequently.

December 21st, 2012, 03:04 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pull ups suck! I hates when parents sent those in when I did day care. The kids couldn't care less about them looking like underwear and they were a pain to undress the kid to put them on.

December 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where do you put your dirty diapers? (hanging wet bag, specialized bin, regular trashbin with a liner?etc) I have a kitchen trash can next to the changing table that I like with planetwise pail liners. I have two so I can rotate and they get washed with the diapers.

How often do you wash diapers? Like every 5 days or so. when the lid on my diaper pail won't close that's when I know it's probably time to do diaper laundry. I know I should probably wash more often but I've never had an odor for the dirty diapers, never had any stink issues from letting them go that long and I have plenty of diapers. So meh. What can I say, I'm lazy

How many diapers are in your stash(does this influence how often you wash)? I have well over 100 if you count all my prefolds and a bunch of AIOs that I don't like. There are probably 25-30 pocket diapers that I use regularly and my Flip diapers. When I run out of room to store dirty diapers is when I wash lol.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search