What is more important to you?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What is more important to you when cloth diapering a newborn?
Cheap 4 33.33%
Easy 7 58.33%
Long lasting (but bulky) 3 25.00%
Trim (but not very long lasting) 4 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2012, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What is more important to you in a newborn diaper. I can't decide if I would rather have a trim diaper that fits great, but will only be used for a few weeks, or something that is bulkier, looks giant, but will last for a couple months. I also don't know if cheap or easy is better. I did flats and covers with Peter, and it was fine. But I don't know that I will be able to dedicate as much time to diaper changes with 2 LOs.

December 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
id probably go either bulky long lasting (if youre going to be forking out 15-20+ a diaper) or cheap trim prefolds and covers

December 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I should add that I used Gerber flats, so they were cheap and trim, but it took a while (and enough space) to do an origami fold for every change.

December 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I voted cheap and trim. I don't want to invest too much in a newborn stash that will only be used for a few weeks, but I also hate giant bulky diapers on tiny little butts. I loved the newborn workhorse diapers from GMD and an xs thirsties cover. I'll be investing in a few more of those for my next baby. Not overly pricy and still almost as trim as a disposable.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

December 24th, 2012, 12:53 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I say cheap and easy. Size isnt to much of anissue for me but i would like them to be able to hold it all. I used the tiny g pants DS and they wereok at best. I had a lot of leaks when he peed for some reason so for the next baby im going to try fitteds with covers. I use flips now and i like haveing the 2 pieces, its easy for me and less covers needed to buy

December 24th, 2012, 09:56 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Ease of use is #1 for me. I would rather stick with GMD newborn prefolds and Bummis covers than mess with flats or have to deal with bulk. Cheap is not my primary motivation. I like mini pocket diapers a lot too, since they are made for newborns to about 4-5 months...they do "easy" and "trim" at the same time. And can be "cheap" compared to AIOs that are made just for the newborn stage. I feel like we got a good stash that was trim and absorbent with our combo of prefolds and pockets.

But...I am staring down the pike of possibly THREE in diapers in May (grrrr). So if I want to do anything but change diapers all day, I best stick with easy! Lol. Even two in diapers is a lot of changing and that is a for-sure in May for us.
December 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been doing mostly GMD prefolds and workhorses. Easy, works well, and washes cleanly. While I love flats and could have folded flats for Zoe, there's no way I'd want to keep that up right now with all the diaper changes she needs (plus I'm still CDing my toddler). I've tried some "one size" pocket diapers that supposedly fit at 8 lbs that are still not fitting at 9 something. They leak because they just can't work with the skinny newborns. Which I expected. I try them for laughs.
I've liked Thirsties covers over my prefolds. I LOVE wool and use the GMDs under my wool.

December 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Ease of use is #1 for me. I would rather stick with GMD newborn prefolds and Bummis covers than mess with flats or have to deal with bulk. Cheap is not my primary motivation. I like mini pocket diapers a lot too, since they are made for newborns to about 4-5 months...they do "easy" and "trim" at the same time. And can be "cheap" compared to AIOs that are made just for the newborn stage. I feel like we got a good stash that was trim and absorbent with our combo of prefolds and pockets.

But...I am staring down the pike of possibly THREE in diapers in May (grrrr). So if I want to do anything but change diapers all day, I best stick with easy! Lol. Even two in diapers is a lot of changing and that is a for-sure in May for us.
oh god dont remind me LOL i WILL have 3 in diapers in like 2-2.5 months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search