baby clothes just don't fit right....

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Irish_Wristwatch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does this bug anyone too?
When I use cloth diapers I can never get my little one to fit his clothes properly... It just looks so puffy and funny...
Leo is wearing a size 6month right now and buttoning his onsies just seems impossible...
That's why I'm almost wanting to use sposies because they fit better under his clothes...
January 11th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i dont have this problem with my kids, they are so darn tall and skinny that the cloth diapers actually help keep pants up

lots of people just size up to make room for the CD though, maybe that would work for you

they also make these onsie extender things, i will try and find a link
acchickpea and 1InSummerland like this.

January 11th, 2013, 01:35 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I think it depends on the proportions of your kiddo. Some babies need to size up on onsies and one-piece outfits because their diapers add bulk to their clothes (my younger boy). But some kids, especially those who are a little longer and leaner, they can actually fill out clothes better with a cloth diaper, since they need a bit of bulk to keep pants up and to fill out the body of a onsie (my older boy).

Some of it can come from the type of diapers you use too. Some are just bulkier than others. We don't use fitteds with covers during the day (unless we wear wool, in which case we just use fitteds and no cover) because I hate how bulky they are under my sons clothing. But our "normal" diapers (which are AIOs) are rather trim and don't really make their clothes fit differently than sposies. So if your are using double-stuffed pockets, you are going to have a lot more bulk than if you are using a hybrid system.

Is it worth it to you to try out trimmer options, if it bothers you that much? But also, rest assured that as your baby grows, the tend to thin out and grow tall and that makes the diapers look and feel less bulky. So it might just be his age as well.
January 11th, 2013, 01:44 PM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
I think it depends on the proportions of your kiddo. Some babies need to size up on onsies and one-piece outfits because their diapers add bulk to their clothes (my younger boy). But some kids, especially those who are a little longer and leaner, they can actually fill out clothes better with a cloth diaper, since they need a bit of bulk to keep pants up and to fill out the body of a onsie (my older boy).

Some of it can come from the type of diapers you use too. Some are just bulkier than others. We don't use fitteds with covers during the day (unless we wear wool, in which case we just use fitteds and no cover) because I hate how bulky they are under my sons clothing. But our "normal" diapers (which are AIOs) are rather trim and don't really make their clothes fit differently than sposies. So if your are using double-stuffed pockets, you are going to have a lot more bulk than if you are using a hybrid system.

Is it worth it to you to try out trimmer options, if it bothers you that much? But also, rest assured that as your baby grows, the tend to thin out and grow tall and that makes the diapers look and feel less bulky. So it might just be his age as well.
I have the bum gen 4.0 and fuzzy bunz AIO... not sure if I want to invest anymore money on trying different options... But I think i will try again once LO gets a bit bigger and leaner... maybe?
January 11th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Add a Size Baby Clothes Extender 10-Pack, Onesie Extender - One Step Ahead Baby

here is what i was talking about, they probably sell them on amazon too, if you use them

January 11th, 2013, 08:57 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
we just size up and it works fine. pants can be weird, but i just bought some stretchy leggings in a very big size and they fit perfectly.
January 11th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I've never really had clothes issues with my kiddos but I have the long kids that need the diapers to keep pants up. I have heard of people doing a larger size in pants and never using the one size outfits.

January 11th, 2013, 11:53 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had this issue with my DS but sometimes certain pants will be a tad snug. He is also long and thin though

I love those snap things to extend onesies longer! Im going to look into getting some I think... awesome idea!

January 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Different kids do have different builds and at different ages. With DD I always had to size up her pants and she still had a big butt.

For my son, the bulk bothered me a bit early on but only if I used a fitted that was a bit big and cover. Now he actually needs the cloth diapers to help keep his pants on half the time and looks normal with them on.

Once he is walking you will probably notice it less.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 21st, 2013, 01:21 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to hate how puffy and big dd's butt looked in cloth. The bigger she gets the more her diapers seem to fit her and it isn't noticeable now. If she's wearing a tighter outfit I usually opt for a flip diaper since they aren't as bulky as pockets. She is long and super skinny so now her diapers work to her advantage. For her pant legs to be long enough the waist is usually way too big so her diaper keeps them from falling down

January 25th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Super Mommy
Never had an issue with clothes not fitting properly, but my girl is a teeny tiny little thing.
January 31st, 2013, 03:33 AM
I and my wife never faced problem with our kids wear or anything.Because we planned everything previously about our kids. Recently we order some of the amazing clothes for our kids. You also try it..
February 10th, 2013, 10:37 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
With my dd she is long and skinny( right now 2 yrs 11 months & she weighs 21.5 lbs) she can still fit an 18 month waist but needs a 3t length. I had no problems with her diapers and indies, but then again it helped keep her "bigger" pants on.

I hope you find a solution soon.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search