diaper sprayers?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2013, 11:34 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So DH and i put off on getting one when i bought all our diaper stuff. I honestly figured i could go without. Things were fione untill now with DS being EBF but now that weve started solid, dunking is such a pain and dosent clean them off as well as i would like them to be. So ive decided were going to get one

IVe mainly only seen the bumgenious one which looks great. But i was wondering if anybody else knows of another brand thats cheaper possibly or another place i could getthe bumgenious one for less then $60.

Also does anyone recomend another way of getting the poo off? I know theres also liners but i dont think those will do well right now, when his poo gets harder then yes but i dont think it would work well now.

Thanks again!

January 14th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I was going to get a diaper sprayer, but then I started thinking about having poo sprayed on all the walls around the toilet. I think poop spray is basically inevitable when using a diaper sprayer. So, this may sound really gross, but I basically use an old credit card to scrape off as much as I can into the toilet and then I wash the diaper out in the bathtub with hot water. Obviously making sure to clean up the bath tub after words. I usually do that at one time at the end of the night and rinse all the diapers out really good and then throw back in the wet bag. I have a dirty diaper wet bag, that I put all the "scraped" diapers in for rinsing later that night.

January 14th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used a poop spatula for a long time but finally we did get a diaper sprayer. It was from Nicki's and has adjustable pressure, I forget the brand. It leaks a bit when you first turn it off but I love the adjustable pressure. We don't get poop on the walls you just have to hold it down inside the bowl along the side of the bowl, and spray downwards and towards the wall of the toilet bowl, not into the toilet water or straight on. And if you use a moderate pressure there is no problem at all. It is a lot faster than the poop spatula and I am glad we got one, I will be using it as a postpartum bidet as well

January 14th, 2013, 10:51 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Excellent thanks ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search