I just can't decide!

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't decide if I want to invest in some newborn diapers or not. I know they have great resale value, but I just don't know. My boy is running big (measuring about 3 weeks ahead, and we KNOW our dates are right) so I don't even know if they'll get a ton of use.... I am almost 100% certain that the OS diapers we have won't fit under the cord stump regardless of how big he is, so I would use sposies until then.

The main reason I want newborn fluff is because it is cute, and I loved how much the burses swooned over them when my son was born. lol.

January 31st, 2013, 02:00 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're really not sure you'll get much use out of them, maybe just get a few so you can show them off to the nurses and get your cuteness fix? We got a lot of use out of our newborn stash, but Eleanor was teeny.
January 31st, 2013, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't some newborn CDs run big? Like Happy Heiny minis and Swaddlebees NB AIO are the main ones that come to mind. If you do get some, I'd get those.

I get twitchy with wanting to buy some NB AIOs and/or fitteds, which we never had with M. HOWEVER it is ridiculous bc I have a FULL stash of NB prefolds so I can't quite justify it aaahhh the sickness of fluff addiction!!

January 31st, 2013, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My problem is that IF I get them, I want AIOs or workhorses. I did flats and covers with Pete, and I want something easier this time.... I am considering doing gerber flats and covers again. It would certainly be the cheapest, but not with the best resale value....

I also don't really buy into the "too big at birth for newborn diapers" thing. I have a tall and fat toddler who "fit" into Grovia newborns on the largest setting at 14 months old. Granted it would never hold enough pee, but that is beside the point....

Last edited by stargatemommy; January 31st, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
January 31st, 2013, 04:33 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
are you planning on having more children after Theodore? if you are i would probably buy some, maybe used to help justify the cost, especially if you are thinking that they may not get a ton of use

i love our newborn diapers, but both my kids have fit in them for 6-8 weeks, so they have been well worth it for us. If i had huge babies that only fit them a few weeks i might not feel the same way

January 31st, 2013, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if we'll have anymore. I plan to have more kids but I am not sure if I will bear them myself. We are thinking of adopting next, because I lose so many babies in between healthy babies, and I have just awful pregnancies (I have SPD and it feels like someone is trying to rip my pelvis open. I can't even move some days...). I have not officially decided though. We are planning on getting an IUD and deciding in 5 years if I want to be pregnant again.

NB AIOs have good resale value though, from what I am told....

Although, I suppose prefolds and cover ARE easier than flats and covers....

February 1st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
newborn stuff does have a great resale for sure, probably because it doesnt get a ton of use so they often look nearly new still when you are done with them.

I doubt you will regret purchasing a some newborn AIOs or fitteds, they are just so cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search