Stash switch-a-roo

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Veteran
I am (was) a diehard pocket lover. Fuzibuns, BGs, Kawaiis, Blueberrys, the list goes on and on of what I have in my stash. I started CDing when DS2 was 4 months old, so these OS diapers did the trick. With DS3, we wanted to CD right from the start. I opted to get a NB stash of prefolds and covers since it seemed the easiest route with how many diapers you end up changing. I.LOVE.COVERS!!! And ironically, hubby does too. No stuffing required. I want to sell my pockets and start collecting a new stash ASAP. Anyone out there who does prefolds/covers, what do you love/hate about it when toddler-dom hits? More leaks? Easier to potty train?
February 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use prefolds and covers a lot on my toddler! We *always* trifold now bc she is impossible and fights changes so bad but slapping on an aplix cover with trifolded prefold is super quick and easy! I also like Flip covers for the flaps to hold it in place, that helps sometimes. Aplix Thirsties Duos have a front flap though which is helpful too, but when she has a super soaker flood pee we do get wicking from the FOE leg bindings, Flips are a bit better since it is elastic encased in PUL.

My favorite part is definitely the laundry stack up the prefolds, throw the covers in a heap, done!!! And they clean so easily, no synthetic stay dry to attract buildup or repel, no stripping ever.

We are using medium GMD prefolds in fully unsnapped Flips and Thirsties Duo size 2s. Tons of absorbency, bulk is minor since she is so big now. We have a couple Econobum covers I like too but they are literally on the LAST waist snap and just not big enough for my lil chunkette

I'd hold onto maybe a dozen of your pockets just for the occasional need for easy changes or staydry for naptime or nights. We use pockets at night (have 4 XL happy heinys that we super stuff), and we also have a dozen large aplix Bottombumpers AIOs that we use frequently. But prefolds in covers are definitely fantastic everyday toddler dipes for us
Marie.sThrees likes this.

February 11th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Veteran
Thank you for all the toddler info. I was really wondering about how trifolds would do with a toddler. I love just throwing them in the cover too. Have you tried Blueberry or Swaddlebees covers?
February 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been curious about the Capri covers. They are supposed to have nice flaps and the Size 2s run a bit bigger than Flips. I have heard the aplix is really good and they are high quality and worth the high price tag. I have my little rainbow of Flips and really don't need any more covers but if I were going to try a new cover on M, it would be a Capri for sure!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search