new BGE design

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you see this??
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...oducts_id=4401

It looks cheaper now, to me. But maybe more easy to wash & dry since there is no cotton lining layer. And it will be easy to add extra inserts with this design.

I never used the original BGE, because they don't come in aplix, and I really prefer aplix for a better fit on M's somewhat unusual body shape. But I know they are (were) EXTREMELY popular and I am surprised they messed with a good thing. Maybe just trying to keep the cost the same even with organic cotton getting more expensive?

February 19th, 2013, 02:58 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Hmmm.... Im not sure if I like them, I have a couple of the older style and I love them, I like that on these adding absorbency won't make them bulky, but I still don't know I my buy one to try
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

February 20th, 2013, 06:11 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never tried an elemental, but I don't care for that new design. It looks like the PUL is right against the body in some areas. That can't be very comfy.

February 20th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here is the first review I have seen:
http://www.hauteclothedbuns.com

Someone on DS said if it had been marketed as a Flip AIO, people would be snatching it up rather than complaining about their beloved BGEs becoming messed up I sort of agree with that! I mean we love Flips and put trifolded prefolds in other exposed PUL covers and it is never an issue that a touch of exposed shiny PUL touches her skin. And we get less leg wicking leaks since the leg elastic is encased rather than rolled. Our Bottombumpers AIOs have rolled leg elastic and it is annoying to make sure it is rolled in every time and I always am a little paranoid when she wears a Bottombumpers with cotton pants, I have to change her more frequently. However it is true that the rolled legs are comfier and don't leave red marks on chubby thighs the way cased legs can.

February 20th, 2013, 08:01 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Unfortunately, the new design takes away two of the features of the BGE that we love. So I know I won't be buying any new style ones. We NEED roll-over elastic for Liam, he gets nasty rashes from flip covers or any cover with just encased elastic. He is allergic to latex and having the rolled cotton overtop of it makes it fine. But with just PUL, he gets welts and nasty "slices" along his thigh line. In addition, we need the narrower crotches. It is one aspect about diapers that I am cautious about, since both my boys are narrow through the hip area, their thighs are close together and the excess bulk is not desirable. We always go for trimmer in the crotch. We did love the old Elementals, even with their propensity for holes. We just threw away two of them that had been with us for 2.5 years (heavy use) because they became unusable. We have ten more and I expect at least a year out of even the worst one at the moment. I gotta say that I hate it when they mess with a good thing I agree they would have a lot more success marketing them differently.
February 20th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Interesting. We loved BGEs with my daughter.
I don't like the wider crotch. But I do like the change in the elastic; that might prevent wetness from wicking outward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search