Best One Size For Newborns?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By stargatemommy
  • 1 Post By MamaLemonade

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 12:39 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! Im expecting my second little one in April and we are going to cd from the hospital. With DD we didn't start until 4 months and only used GroVia. This time I've expanded my stash to BumGenus, GroVia, Rumparuzz, Kissaluv, Flip, GDiapers and Happy Heineys.

I haven't had experience with the others so Im hoping someone can tell me which they think will work best for a newborn. I believe all but the gDiapers are one size. Oh and if it helps, DD was 9lbs 7 oz at birth so Im expecting around that size or larger this time also.

Thanks for any help!!

February 21st, 2013, 04:17 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fuzzibunz fit my son the soonest without looking ridiculous. My son was born at 8lbs and I felt like most OS diapers diapers looked ridiculously huge on him until he was around 12lbs. I don't want to do prefolds and covers so honestly, I wouldn't cloth diaper a newborn again.

February 21st, 2013, 04:36 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i have yet to find a OS diaper that fit my newborns, Rumparooz do have a super small newborn setting on their OS diapers, i think they look ridiculous and way to bulky on a newborn but they would fit. The downside to that is that i do find they run small and likely wont fit as long as other OS diapers

February 21st, 2013, 05:33 PM
Hmmm... I might have to invest in some newborn fluff then. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

February 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NB fluff is ok, but for my son nothing was really absorbent enough. For NB fluff I preferred his Happy Heinys NB OS pocket and Swaddlebees Simplex because they seemed to do ok.
MommysPocket likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 06:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Peter had chubby little legs so he fit OS from birth, but we had to wait until after the cord stump fell off. He was 7.5 pounds and dropped to 6.5 pounds. He is about 2 weeks and 7.5 pounds here.

I think they fit fine, but skinny legged babies may have issues. I bought a newborn stash for this one because I want to be able to use them from birth (even with the cord stump) and want something that is not so giant.

Grovia (not with the soaker pad)

BG4.0 with newborn insert.
MommysPocket likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 07:44 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Some OS might fit, I know my oh Katy's fit small on my dd. but IMO I would try to have a couple of nb on hand just in case or maybe some sized diapers ( smalls), that would help fill the gaps in between the is that do fit and the ones that don't. Just keep trying different things and you will find what works for you

Good luck mama!
MommysPocket likes this.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

February 22nd, 2013, 01:00 PM
Love those pictures, thanks ladies!! DD had some super chubby legs so if this baby follows I think the GroVias will fit but Im looking into newborns also. I might just make some covers and use the inserts I have. Thanks again!

February 28th, 2013, 10:17 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dd2 had super skinny legs and even the NB aios we bought were too big around the legs. We started CD at about 2 months with the other two and I honestly wish I would have planned on that this time too. She was the smallest so you never know on their size.

March 4th, 2013, 05:24 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing OS fit my DD well until 12 lbs. She has chunky legs, so it wasn't that! But we had leak issues up until then. My advice is to do disposables or reconsider using prefolds or try small GMD workhorses till then. I do see good deals on smalls on swaps a lot.

March 4th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Veteran
I have a HH OS and it does not do well on a NB. In fact all my pocket OS didn't fit my NB well except for the adjustable perfect fit FB. I'm still on the fence if I like those or not though. :/ I went with covers and prefolds and just love them trifolded! I would recommend the new Osocozy stay dry prefolds. I used them with Philip as a newborn and the size will last for a loooong time. He is a 2 month super soaker and can wear one diaper without leaks for 5+hours at night!
March 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only used newborn cloth for dd when she was tiny so I don't have any first hand experience. I do have an Oh Katy that snaps down to become ridiculously small. It would be bulky, but it would probably fit a newborn. I bought it from a local baby store and the owner said she carries them because they were the only one size diaper that fit her babies from birth. I got it when DD was bigger but I'll be trying it on my next newborn to see if it holds true.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search