anyone heard of or used 'stink pot' detergent???

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on etsy and saw this cloth diaper detergent for a really good price called 'stink pot' StinkPot Cloth Diaper Laundry Detergent 50 to by showertreatsoap

For $12.99 it will do 100 HE loads. It got awesome reviews by thousands of people but I have not heard of it. I bought a trial pouch for $5 to try but am scared to try it for some reason, not sure why but I am.

Any thought?

February 22nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My thoughts:

When you add in shipping, it is $19 for 50 standard/100 HE loads. I am pretty sure you can find cheaper detergents locally and then you also don't have to worry about ordering more when you run out.

The ingredients are basically oxygen bleach powder/oxyclean main ingredients, borax, and a surfactant (soap/detergent part) ingredient derived from coconut. These are all fine ingredients for most people, it looks similar to Country Save powder if I recall those ingredients correctly. Personally I prefer a detergent that contains enzymes because I have found that those work better for me.

Hope that helps

February 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I agree with shen7, you can buy locally for a little cheaper. I've never heard of tht detergent but again like Shen said it reminds me of country save. I've had a few people I know not have good experience with it and then some who have had. Your detergant choice is going to really be based off of you water and how "toxic" the kiddos urine is. I know my daughter had some potent pee and we had to switch to tide bc the " cloth diaper" safe detergant I was using ( ECOs) was not cutting it. Its going to be trial and error for a little bit while you figure out your water and how the detergent you choose will react with it.

Good luck mama
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

February 22nd, 2013, 11:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
good points ThAnks ladies! My gut is telling me to go with good ol' tide and call it a day. I have a brand new Kenmore elite HE front loader (the big one) which is made by samsung.
I think it is the same washer basically that you have shen7 also my water situation seems to be about the same as yours so I think after reading a recent post of your about washing I am going to try and copy it and see how it works for me

February 23rd, 2013, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
good points ThAnks ladies! My gut is telling me to go with good ol' tide and call it a day. I have a brand new Kenmore elite HE front loader (the big one) which is made by samsung.
I think it is the same washer basically that you have shen7 also my water situation seems to be about the same as yours so I think after reading a recent post of your about washing I am going to try and copy it and see how it works for me
Sounds like a plan CD laundry sometimes takes some tweaking to figure out a system that meets your needs. Let us know if you run into any issues when you start out! But usually once you get the hang of it, you develop the confidence to just try stuff and see if it works. I hope my system works for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search