Pocket recommendations?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By FallinWoman
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are planning to cloth diaper our 2nd child. At night we are planning to use fitteds (I bought Thirsties) and a cover. After some research I think we have decided to go with OS pockets during the day (hopefully). I am planning on buying a few FB, BG, Charlie Bananas, and Blueberrys. What do you recommend? Do you like a certain brand? Should we test another brand too I didn't list? I tend to have long skinny babies but I only have one to go by .

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
March 3rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love Happy Heiny OS pockets. I have aplix (for Daddy) and snaps. Love them both.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
March 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
You might wanna go with a sized or a newborn pocket diaper in the beginning OS tend to not fit till 10/12lbs. Plus, the nb are usually able to acomodate the umbilical cord. My oh Katy's run small, but I still don't think they fit till roughly 10lbs. I know blueberrys make a sized diaper called a mini deluxe and it fits from nb till 16lbs I believe( don't quote me on that ill have to look at the one I bought to confirm when it gets here) it had two raise snaps like a OS but it's more of a sized diaper. Good luck momma
Loving my 2 munchkins & awaiting #3
Married to my <3 since 8/09

March 4th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info! We were given like 3 packages of nb and size 1 sposies from a friend so I think we are going to use those till the OS size fits. Sorry I forgot to add that part

March 8th, 2013, 10:18 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really love my Charlie Bananas and BG 4.0s. They make up the majority of my stash

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

March 11th, 2013, 06:30 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For pockets I really just like the China cheapies... Alva are my fave. I havent really ventured off into the expensive ones.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 11th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsailor288 View Post
For pockets I really just like the China cheapies... Alva are my fave. I havent really ventured off into the expensive ones.
I saw them but wondered why they are so cheap? Is it just because they are made in China? Really? I looked at them because they have bamboo insert and i was told they are more absorbent but then someone told me they couldn't be washed with my other pockets. Is that true?

March 11th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Honestly, I do have a Bumgenius that someone gave me, and comparing it to my cheap China pockets there is hardly any difference... I guess they are cheap because they are from China. I'd love to buy made in US I just cant always afford to.

I have the bamboo inserts from Alva and I wash them with everything else with no issues. The initial prep washes should be separate though as with any bamboo.

March 11th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You might also want to check out a WAHM Canadian business called Rump Arounds. I have 2 of their minky OS pocket diapers and they are absolutely lovely. Plus, they're not as expensive as the big brands and are still high quality.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Gavyns mommy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsailor288 View Post
Do the Alva pockets work well for newborn? I know many say they are newborn but do not fit til they are around 10 lbs. My first son was 6lbs9oz so I know he wouldnt be able to fit in them!

THANK YOU JAIDYNSMUM FOR THE SIGGY!
March 12th, 2013, 09:53 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
I really like my Applecheeks pockets. There are two sizes and the size one should work well for a newborn. They are pricey though.
March 12th, 2013, 04:52 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I've only ever used Fuzzibunz & BumGenius. I have a couple of kawaii's (not a fan, they've never fit Connor well), and I recently got a couple of Oh Katy's (they are pretty good).

A few weeks ago I decided to try the alva's because I heard such good reviews and they are SOOO cheap! I ordered girl patterns for the new baby, but tried them out on Connor (ssshh don't tell Daddy he's wearing pink flower diapers! LOL ) and so far I haven't noticed much of a difference either.

I would venture to guess they are so much cheaper, not just because they are made overseas, but they probably won't last as long? Just a guess! I've had my original stash of FBs and BGs for 2.5 years now and they are just now starting to show signs of wear (but not effecting the use of them), so I'm guessing the cheapies won't last as long and would need to be replaced sooner.

I love my OS pockets, I've never used anything else. We started CD'ing Connor when he was 6 months, so didn't have to worry about sized diapers with a newborn. However, he was born 8+ lbs and I expect this girl will be closer to 9lbs so I plan on sticking it out with the OS dipes!

March 12th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
You might also want to check out a WAHM Canadian business called Rump Arounds. I have 2 of their minky OS pocket diapers and they are absolutely lovely. Plus, they're not as expensive as the big brands and are still high quality.
I just checked out the website...sure wish I would have found this a few weeks ago! Thanks for the tip!
MerinSun likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I would say that Alva OS would not fit a newborn. But I didnt start cd'ing until Nicholas was 3 months old.

March 15th, 2013, 09:12 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a lot of one size diapers don't fit most newborns, but from what I've read bottom bumpers might?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search