Bidet or Diaper sprayer?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Normally we use diaper liners with our son. Today he just pooped so I put a new diaper on him with no liner. And then pooped again. I was pretty mad at myself and now I have scrub it all out in our dump sink. ICK!

So now we're looking at diaper sprayers. We found a bidet handheld on Home Depot for $40 that allows you to adjust the setting to get a more forceful "wash". Will that work just as well?

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yup same exact thing, no need to get one marketed to CDers... sprayers are awesome. I made sure to get one with adjustable pressure and it is great. We don't have a handheld shower head so I have used it to spray off sandy feet, extra disgusting poopy bottoms, and cleaners in the tub too (our toilet is right next to the tub). I have also heard they are good for postpartum but the nicer version for that hooks up to the sink so you can get warm water too.

March 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah! Good to know! Bidet sprayers with adjustable levels seem to run about $20 cheaper than cloth diaper sprayers

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 15th, 2013, 10:13 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
which bidet sprayer for you have, shen?
March 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am a sucker and got a "diaper sprayer" from Nickis I forget the brand but it has a little knob on the handle on a small track that controls the pressure. I wanted something ready for DH to install that would take minimal effort for me to acquire, since I was getting morning sickness and abruptly decided that dunk-and-swish was no longer the way to go

March 18th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I have a mini shower hand-held bidet. It's exactly the same as the BumGenius diaper sprayer. Adjustable sprayer. Perfect! I used it for postpartum cleaning too. When your lady bits are swollen and icky, you're not gonna want to touch them with toilet paper! Haha. Of course, yeah, the water is cold. But I thought it felt ok. Then button on my sprayer got stuck, but there is a lifetime warranty on the button, so they immediately sent me a new button.

March 18th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen78 View Post
I have a mini shower hand-held bidet. It's exactly the same as the BumGenius diaper sprayer. Adjustable sprayer. Perfect! I used it for postpartum cleaning too. When your lady bits are swollen and icky, you're not gonna want to touch them with toilet paper! Haha. Of course, yeah, the water is cold. But I thought it felt ok. Then button on my sprayer got stuck, but there is a lifetime warranty on the button, so they immediately sent me a new button.
Where did you get your from and how much did it cost? my next step is to buy a 'diaper sprayer' and I am debating which one is best. I like the idea of a lifetime warranty

March 18th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I got mine at my baby shower. But my aunt got it for me off of amazon.com I believe. Or else she got it at her local CD store (jealous that she even has one near her!!) I know at the store and an amazon at the time it was $38 or $39.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ld%3B315%3B315

I tried to get just the one picture, but I think all the search pictures come up. Hopefully it goes right to the one I have. I think it says on there it's from sears.com, but I checked the price there and it's insanely priced at over 90 bucks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search