GMD prefolds starting to deteriorate?!

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I've been using the medium size GMD prefolds for over a year now, and the edges are starting to fall apart! Not the red stitched side, but the vertical sides. The layers haven't come apart completely but they're getting very thin and I can see where the fabric has started to disappear. I still love them, and have always heard great things about GMD prefolds. So I was surprised when I noticed this the other day. Has anyone else had this issue? I was hoping to continue using them for my baby on the way, but I'm not sure if I should buy more or just a different brand. Blah!

March 17th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
My cottonbabbies indian prefolds are starting to die after two kiddos. The long edges are opening up and fabric is thinning.

March 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Mine are still going strong, no signs of deterioration at all, but I have a pretty large rotation and I wouldn't say they've had a full year of hard use yet, we had the mediums up in storage for several months before I figured out how much I love trifolding in Flips. Karen on GMD says that cotton does wear out with hard use just like socks or jeans would if you wash them 2-3x/week for a year or two. I wouldn't blame the brand but you could always branch out if you want to try something new. The sizes and color stitching differ though, that would bother me since I have other GMD sizes and I don't want any confusion about which size is which when I am sorting diaper laundry for 2 LOs.
Karen78 likes this.

March 17th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I'll probably just buy more of them so I have a bigger rotation. I only have a dozen and yeah I wash them frequently. I occasionally will trifold them, but 95% of the time I still jellyroll them or bikini twist them and use my Flip covers. It seems like whenever I trifold them, my son grabs at his crotch at the bigger bulge and is like "what the heck is this?!" Haha

March 17th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
^^ haha!! Cute. My DD just won't lie still for changes anymore so we really need quick stuff lol. Trifolding in aplix Flips is our main go to! She outgrew the GMD reds for fastening a long time ago, mostly in width, but they are great trifolded. I have some toddler prefolds I will boingo or snappi on her with a doubler sometimes but she has to be in the right mood

March 18th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Calvin is a skinny kid. He's only 23 or 24 pounds right now at 20 months old so the red GMD still fit him fine in the width. I still even have to fold down the front or else they're too big. We use the Flips with snaps. If I trifold, I also have to fold them in the front which is the reason for the giant bulge. I'm not familiar with Boingo. I'll have to check those out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search