Your Reasons

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 08:11 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Why do you use cloth?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 24th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
to save money, they are better for the environment, and better for my childrens skin, overall health (no chemicals ect)

March 24th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Better for the environment, I hate trash and am very aware of reducing my waste. They are more comfortable for babies IME (my DD definitely prefers them over disposables!!) and also cuter I may actually save money after reusing my stash on #2 as well

March 24th, 2013, 09:29 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
My dd had sensitive skin and It was better for her
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

March 24th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We started because it was cheaper. We loved it because our baby had such sensitive skin and she never had rashes. It was more convenient for me to do a load of laundry then go to the store. Her cute clothes were filled out better. I didn't have to ever worry about leaks and stains on clothing. We couldn't afford a lot of clothing and cding made the clothing last.

March 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say because it's "cheaper" (and it certainly COULD be...) but for me, it will probably cost close to the same up front, and then maybe I'll make some money back in resale... but they are so CUTE (hence why it might not be cheaper for me lol)

I do like that it's better for the environment and baby's skin, too, but of course, cloth diapering isn't the only green way to diaper or handle sensitive skin care needs.
March 24th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Cost savings, better for the enviroment, and cuteness!! I also don't get mad if my son poops right away in a clean diaper. When I used disposables when he was a newborn, I remember thinking "ugh! I JUST put that on you!" and I'd go through so many diapers and be mad about the money I was wasting. I'm looking forward to using cloth right from the start with this new baby!

March 24th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Completely for the money. I will be a SAHM when this new one is born and we're trying to streamline our expenses more to prepare. Cloth makes the most sense. Years ago I had us cut out using paper towels and napkins in favor of using more wash cloths and cloth napkins. It's been an adjustment but it makes me feel better knowing that I don't have to worry about buying any more diapers

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I'm choosing to CD with Future Baby because I hated using disposables on my sons. They always got awful diaper rash, blowouts, stained clothes... and it was so expensive! With cloth.. I will probably have most if not all the diapers I will *need* before we even start TTC. Then I can get the extra cute ones. If we decide to have another, I won't have to buy another stash. If we don't have another, I can resell mine.

Plus I want to start making them and then I can give them as gifts or sell them, which would be great.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
I use them mainly to produce less garbage. I also wanted to be able to use them for future children, as a cost saving measure. An added bonus is that my DS never gets bum rashes in cloth, but always does in disposables.
March 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use them mainly because they are healthier and create less waste. They are also so much cuter!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
April 16th, 2013, 10:06 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use them to save money. I'm also happy that all the disposable diaper waste isn't going into the landfill and she isn't exposed to the chemicals in sposies.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

April 17th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will use them primarily to save money but I do love that I am helping the environment at the same time

April 17th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To save money and because they're so darn cute and addicting. Being eco-friendly is just a bonus.

April 17th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Veteran
Started to save money and also to stay away from all the nasty chemicals that can be in disposables!

April 17th, 2013, 09:30 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Cause it's cute and I can

April 17th, 2013, 02:16 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Eco-friendly and they are cute as heck!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't yet but want to when we have our first.

Primary reason is CUTENESS. They are so adorable and fun. Next in line is that DH and I want a large family so, while it may not save money for the first, the second, third and additional kids will definitely save us!

And the Eco friendliness is a bonus. I've only recently become more aware of environmental issues and I'm glad our babies won't be causing massive pileups of diapers in landfills.
April 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Basically we are doing it this time because I wanted to try it. It's my last child and I wanted the experience of cloth diapering. It is cheaper (although depending on how many diapers you end up buying, it can be more cost effective for some than others) and it is better for the environment. But it is really cute and fun and I just wanted to do it. I hope I enjoy it!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 21st, 2013, 06:44 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
First of all, I think cloth butts are adorable! I love that they are reusable, so they are better for the environment, I love that they are chemical free and they are much better on the skin. I feel that it is more comfortable for my son vs a standard diaper. It saves us money too which is a bonus!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search