My Stash

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are planning on CDing from 2+ months and we will be using the Bum Genius Elemental All in Ones. I am planning on getting some flip covers and some workhorse fitteds as well, but anyway, below is my initial stash. I have 14 and am planning on getting about 6 more of the BGE ones and then maybe 6 of the workhorse with two flip covers.

Does this sound reasonable?

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 3rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
looks good mindy!! I'd add one more cover but other then that looks good to me! 20bgs and 6 fitteds with covers is at least washing every other day
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

April 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks Whitney! Yeah, I figure I will be washing every other day but if I need to add a couple more to make it to the two day mark I will.

I ended up getting 6 workhorse fitteds in newborn and 2 thirsties duo covers yesterday in size 1. I read those are better for newborns (newborn diapering is more for fun for us and to get in the habit of full time cloth diapering). I will add a thirsties xs cover, and a grovia newborn AIO and a BG newborn AIO.

I think that will be good to start. I'm holding off on getting anything else until we find out the gender next week It's hard though, I am feeling the CDing addict start to come alive in me

Mindy & Josh
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 4th, 2013, 03:55 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Yes very addicting my DH cut me off lol
You should look into ragababe cloth diapers. There a little more expensive but they are super nice, they have a fb group and a web page but that's done only by stockings. But they fb group you kind find nip or notb but prepped diapers all the time.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

April 4th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
looks good to me. You are going to love those BGEs. this is mainly what we use and they are awesome. The fitteds will probably be good for night time as the BGE arent quite enough for night time IMO. Id get an extra cover as pp said. I normally do diaper laundry during the night and stick the baby in a night diaper/cover so if i do 2 nights and then wash while she wears the other it is perfect. if you only have 2 covers for night then its more like every other night you need to wash. I do like flip covers they are nice and stretchy.
DD born 1/3/12

April 5th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks ladies!!

I was thinking about the flip covers - If I really love the workhorse fitteds, I may buy some flips for when the baby is bigger with the bigger fitteds. I only got the thirsties because a lot of people said they are good for newborns. The flips seem like they would be great for when the baby is over 12-15 lbs.

Th ragababes look good, but man they are expensive! I thought BGE was costly! They look really plush though

Between diapers and wipes I have already spent a good $450 and I expect to spend another $150 when I find out the gender next week, so I think I need to curb my spending a little. With so many cute cloth diaper options out there it is hard!

I really like the wool covers but those are sooooooo expensive. i can't justify spending that much $$ even though they are cute.

I have even been dreaming about cloth diapers, lol. It's time to step away from the computer and looking at diapers, lol.

I'm hoping I can stop at 6 more BGEs, 1 newborn BG, and 1 grovia all in one for newborns. Then once the baby comes I can decide if I want more of the fitteds.

I hope our day care center will allow the BGEs! I've already gotten slack from pretty much everyone I've told that we are cloth diapering

Mindy & Josh
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 9th, 2013, 06:01 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks beautiful! I wish I could keep my stash simple, but I caught the cloth diapering addiction bug and my planned purchases are ridiculous.
April 11th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Haha, it's so hard!!!

I just found this other newborn brand diaper that I might try...

Imagine Newborn Bamboo All in One

It got good reviews and is pretty cheap!

Mindy & Josh
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 12th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Twin Mama
Wow thats a great stash! I too am new to CD and already feel the itch to buy all kinds of stuff. I didn't even consider the fitteds but now looking at them I think I will try a few of those mixed with my pre-folds for the newborn stage. Thanks for sharing, gave me some great ideas!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search