New here with a ?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 07:39 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Obviously Im not new to JM but I am new to CDing.

My dd Raini born 6/14/12 is apparently allergic to every single sposie in the world. I have been using cloth for about 2 wks now and anytime I switch back to sposies the rash appears. SO... cloth it is.

I have AIOs, fitteds and some pockets. I have covers for the fitteds, but I am having issues with nighttime. apparently she is a heavy wetter and will soak through the cloth. Ive tried aios with covers, and pockets with covers.

I am going to try to double up on my inserts in the pockets to see if that will help. I have 3 pockets, one with hemp one with cotton and one with micro fiber. I dont know which holds best. I am VERY NEW to this. be lucky that I can remember what they are all called.. lol

I am going to be upping my stash since we're 100% gonna go cloth, so I need to figure out what to get that will work for us. Im leaning more towards the pockets thinking that I can use inserts to help with the heavy wetting. Is there a certain insert that holds more? or... am I totally off track and need to go adifferent way....

HELP ME.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
April 4th, 2013, 10:26 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Try bamboo or hemp inserts behind your MF insert. Bamboo and hemp a little slower to absorb (hence using it behind a MF insert) but they absorb so so so much. I HTH
Loving my 2 munchkins & awaiting #3
Married to my <3 since 8/09

April 5th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with pp. bamboo is one of my faves because it holds a ton and its thin so you can easily double up when stuffing and it wont be huge and bulky on the baby.

Our night time diaper is actually hemp/cotton mixture inside a cover. The ones I have are Best Bottom brand (from nickisdiapers.com) and they are not all that expensive compared to other brands. You snap the insert into the cover and for night there is an extra one you snap in to hold tons. I highly recommend them for night. Pockets are nice too but when you are stuffing for night time it is kind of a pain compared to just snapping them into an open cover.
DD born 1/3/12

April 8th, 2013, 08:30 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
Another thing to consider is a wool cover or a fleece cover. Once babies get a bit older they will need more absorbency. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good night time routine with cloth and ended up in sposies at night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search