Prepping/washing question

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaLemonade

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 10:56 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I am new to this whole CD thing. I just got mt starter stash. It is only enough for one day, but we want to make sure it is right for us before we sink many hundreds into it. Some of the inserts that I got are microfiber and some are bamboo. I read on another site when researching how to prep them that you can't prep synthetic and natural fibers together bc the oils from the natural fibers will get into the synthetic ones and cause them to be less absorbent. Ok, makes sense for prepping, I suppose. But does this mean that if I am using a combination of the two I will always have to wash them separately, too? I got some of both to see what I like and if I like them both, I will certainly use them both, but having to separate them for washing sounds like a nightmare. Could some of you expert CD mommies help me out here?

April 7th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm new to Cd as well but I do know that you only have to wash them separately while prepping. After they are prepped you can wash them together. After the natural oils are gone you are good to go. I just prepped my unbleached Indian cotton prefolds, pockets & microfiber inserts -separately.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 8th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Veteran
I believe that Dandelion is correct.
April 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
You just prep them separately, once you've washed prepped/initial wash(s) have been done you are able to wash them with your other diapers.
Obbsandlala on YouTube is an awesome channel to watch when it comes to cloth diapers.
Here's here prepping video link:
http://youtu.be/hArWyNnKPuM

HTH mama!
yvee80 likes this.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

April 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the clarification, ladies! And thank you for the YouTube link, Whitney. Very informative.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search