Newborn Stash: Is it enough?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While Ive CD my DS since 9 months of age Ive never used cloth on a NB so Im not sure how much to get. I want to wash no more than every three days! Id honestly prefer once a week but I know thays asking for a bit much

Heres what I have so far:

14 prefolds
4 covers
3 snappis

2 fleece covers
1 wool cover

8 BG XS
23 Blueberry Mini Deluxe
2 small TKC
2 Lil Joeys

Now Im at a point of needing to either stop myself from unnecessarily spending more on NB fluff or getting my last minute purchases. What are your thoughts?

April 12th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
that sounds like plenty to me

April 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You might get 3 days out of them. I have 32 fitted diapers and washed every 2 1/2 days. I do 100% cloth, even for outings.

April 13th, 2013, 07:13 AM
I do 100% cloth even for outings as well. The only time we use sposies is for the unexpected (if I fall behind in laundry or have to use some intense rash cream, etc.)

April 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You will want to wash at least every 3 days to prevent getting stinkies and the diapers deteriorating prematurely.

You basically have 49 diapers. That is EASILY enough for every 2 days, and most likely enough for 3 days

you have enough covers for the number of diapers that need them, too. Great job!

I'd say this is the perfect amount for what you want without being too many
Memi likes this.
April 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
You will want to wash at least every 3 days to prevent getting stinkies and the diapers deteriorating prematurely.

You basically have 49 diapers. That is EASILY enough for every 2 days, and most likely enough for 3 days

you have enough covers for the number of diapers that need them, too. Great job!

I'd say this is the perfect amount for what you want without being too many
Thanks hun.
A little ashamed to admit, but I actually only wash my DS' diapers once a week and haven't had any issues. I stocked up on a very large stash for him so that I could keep up with the laundry while working FT. It's just all I can do. I use to wash twice a week when he was younger and going through more diapers but never have washed more frequently than that.

April 13th, 2013, 08:34 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's very good! If it works for you, stick with it!
Memi likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 01:01 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That seems like it could be enough for 3 days based on what I have read thus far (First time CDer here). I guess it all depends on how much your little guy wets/poops and how often you change him.

I have 11 cloth diapers for newborns and I figure that might get me thru a day but we are only doing it part time in the beginning just to get used to it slowly. Shoot, maybe I should get some more I have already spent like $600 on cloth diapers, wipes, and extras.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
April 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM
$600 for only 11 dipes? You must be using an incredibly expensive brand!! I'm hoping that this is for lots of larger size diapers as well?

April 19th, 2013, 01:15 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, haha. I also have 20 bum genius elementals. Although I got 2 with a gift card so I didn't actually pay $50 of that. Also, that includes cloth wipes, liners and a couple doublers.

AND, I ended up spending another $78 yesterday on 5 more NB diapers, diaper cleaner and diaper ointment.

I swear, I am done!!!

Once everything arrives I will post my final stash photo and list everything I got.
Memi likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search