Cloth diaper co op?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm preg with my 5th baby and thinking if trying cloth diapering again. I tried with my last and it didn't work out, I think I just got into it too late and didn't have enough supply. I really want to try again this time and feel like I will be more successful with a large stash, BUT with 5 kids I don't want to spend $24/diaper. I've looking into Alva and Sunbaby and will probably order 12 of each and then some other "name brand" here and there but concerned about having to spend a ton on newborns. Also I have been reading about co ops, is this a way I get better name brands for less? If so how do I find one?
Another question, can I use liquid tide in a HE front load washer?
What would you reccomend for a new CD mom that's scared of prefolds?

June 13th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
If you are going to order that many of those brands it's actually cheaper without the co-op. I love my sunbaby diapers and I have many different brands. I use Tide powder for my dipes. Don't fear the prefold! It's so easy to use, clean & dry. If you are scared, use them trifolded in a cover but you will need more covers than if you snappi them on as the poo gets on the covers inside. Otherwise, I'm not sure because I started out prefolds and still use them for fun now and then haha
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

June 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found a girl who's going to sell me a ton from my DDC, but most are OS which won't work for a newborn. Maybe I should go to a local cloth diaper store and take a class on how to use prefolds, because I don't even know how lol

June 16th, 2013, 05:43 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Prefolds are so easy!:-) they are my favorite!

I watched a lot of YouTube videos in the beginning.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
June 17th, 2013, 11:00 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was afraid of prefolds too but once I got them and practiced on my kids' dolls, it was so easy and I think it will be one of my favorite ways to cloth diaper.

GMD workhorse fitteds with covers would be a good NB option. @ only $6 a fitted diaper that is pretty good. Plus the resale value is really good as well. I have 6 of them and love them. Can't wait to use them in October!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search