Night time

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By BlessedMommyx
  • 1 Post By NinjaCakes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Hi. I know I don't post here, I lurk sometimes but that is about it. I was wondering, do you all CD overnight as well? Probably seems like a strange question I just wasn't sure if CD's make it through the night any better/worse than disposables. Are there any particular kinds of inserts you would rec. for overnight use?

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
June 19th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we always used them for overnight as well. My favorites for overnight have been the best bottom diapers with hemp/cotton inserts. never have a leak!
DD born 1/3/12

June 20th, 2013, 11:38 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are planning to do overnight as well. I think it is all just trial and error with your baby to see what works best. We plan on using a doubler for when baby is younger and then we purchased a few diapers that are supposed to be better for overnights as well. If we need to add a doubler or something to it we will as well.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
June 21st, 2013, 10:43 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
I use Kawaii Goodnight Heavy Wetter Pocket Diaper and have had no issues with leaking through during the night. Works wonderfully!! And its a great price at DiaperSafari.com
NinjaCakes and smazerik like this.

June 27th, 2013, 07:25 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Overnight is trial and error at first. My son did well in a pocket with 2 bamboo and 1 hemp insert. My daughter is usually in a Squish Baby Co fitted with a heavily lanolized wool soaker. I like using stuff I can control the absorbency in (I can add a hemp doubler in my fitted or add more soakers in my pocket) as needed.

July 2nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
Following this! I haven't found a good solution yet for nighttime. The only leak free night we've had was with a prefold on, and a second prefold under the first, with a cover on. My baby girl is a HEAVY wetter. Even when we were using disposables, they would leak. She seems to hold it for a while and then when she lets go, the diapers are overwhelmed.

July 3rd, 2013, 02:44 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by smazerik View Post
Following this! I haven't found a good solution yet for nighttime. The only leak free night we've had was with a prefold on, and a second prefold under the first, with a cover on. My baby girl is a HEAVY wetter. Even when we were using disposables, they would leak. She seems to hold it for a while and then when she lets go, the diapers are overwhelmed.
I knew a little girl like that, once. Her parents used to put two puppy pads (no I'm not kidding) under her at night! Thanks ladies
smazerik likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
July 7th, 2013, 10:02 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used Kawaii heavy wetters for a while but as he got older had to move on to other things. I really like my Happy Hempy Pocket Fitteds, stuffed with 2 hemp inserts for overnight. Usually throw a so simple stacinator cover over it. I also REALLY love my s'bish prefolds...I trifold them with a doubler in the middle into a cover and its dry in the morning.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

July 7th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have used prefolds and covers 24/7 for the past few weeks, and have had no issues, however I am still changing him at least once a night. I am thinking of trying pockets over night and seeing how that goes because they are much easier to change in the dark

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search