Feeling uneasy

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By lnj5duke
  • 2 Post By LABs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure what is going on. I feel like I should be prepared and I feel uneasy. I've CD 4 kids, 3 from the hospital trip home. I should have this down, but I'm freaking out over having twins and hearing so many people say that they tried and failed cding twins. I feel like I'm missing something vital that made it harder than disposables. I've always found CD to be easier for our lifestyle. The thought of packing up 6 kids and trecking through the store parking lot in the snow is very unappealing!

So here is what I have: 48 newborn fitted diapers and assorted covers. 6 AIO newborn diapers. So 54 newborn diapers. Should I make another dozen?

I've made 43 AIO one size diapers. That should be enough to be convenient right? I don't want to feel overwhelmed keeping up with laundry. I'm already overwhelmed thinking of juggling the needs of two! I've had two in diapers many times, but never the same age/stage. I can't remember how many I had with my other sets, but I remember always feeling like I needed more. I'm sure I didn't have more than 30 one size diapers to go between two 16 months apart.

July 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are having anxiety over this. I guess the best you can do is try to CD them and if it doesn't work out then at least you know you tried. Don't beat yourself up if it is too much. CDing twins is definitely more than CDing a singleton! Hopefully it will be fine and all the worry was for nothing Hugs!
LABs likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My SIL managed to CD her triplets after having two other kids (and a much older stepdaughter), if that helps you feel better. Idk what I would do if I were you... Maybe make just a few more if that will help you feel more confident? :-)
LABs likes this.
July 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cding triplets is amazing! I don't know if I've ever heard of anyone managing that! I think if I can manage it, I might make another dozen newborn AIOs. They will be the easiest for nighttime. I won't have to worry about a cover.

I'm wondering if I'm having a post project dip. For about 6 weeks I made diapers like a crazy person. Every chance I had I was making them trying to stay ahead of my rapidly growing bump. Now I'm done and feeling unsettled without a project. I've got everything I had planned completed. My goal was the end of the month to be ready for my babies. I got done early! Now I just have to get them to term! Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a slightly crazy pg mama.

September 1st, 2013, 10:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They had one of my favorite fabrics on sale plus another jumped into my cart that I might love even more! I made 13 more newborn AIOs and 10 more one size cut out. I ran out of FOE to finish them. So that makes 67 newborn and 53 one size. I'm sure I have too many now! I think I'll need another pail for them! Tiny diapers are so adorable though!!! No more anxiety over diapers! I'm excited to use them!

September 4th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That does sound exciting! I have thought about making newborn AIOs for our next baby when the time comes... but I think I am going to wind up going the prefold/cover route. I would be worried about messing up the pattern! You rock!
September 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Newborn diapers take up so little fabric. From a yd I can make 5 one size and 4-7 newborn diapers. The newborn AIOs are made just to use up the PUL for fabric only sold by the yd vs inch. They are easy to sew using FOE. I need to take pics, but I make it so my diapers open up with one snap inside. All the layers are connected in the back, but are otherwise loose in the wash to get really clean and they dry super fast! I wouldn't worry about ruining the diapers with less than perfect sewing. They are meant to get pooped on! I have never had AIOs for the newborn stage, so I'm experimenting with what works. Most of my stash is fitted diapers for the newborn stage. They are harder to make then the AIOs. Tiny diapers are difficult to serge!

December 18th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought I'd come back and update. Its totally easy to cd twins! My older girls love the AIOs. I wish I had more, but my one size stash is all AIOs, so we'll get there. My stash lasts a full 3 days with time to wash. I've been cding them from the trip home from the NICU and its been great! I'm using disposable wipes as my cloth wipes are being used as dribble rags under their chins while drinking bottles of expressed breastmilk.

Cloth is keeping their bottoms healthy. They were getting diaper rash in the NICU, but it cleared up quickly once they came home.
Gripstress and AnnaBonana like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search