best Newborn Diaper?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What was your favorite for absorbancy and fit?

pics if you have them

Last edited by Nel; August 26th, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
August 30th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have only ever used GMD prefolds, and small flats. I have big babies and they are not in newborn size for very long. G was born almost 10 lbs and was in smalls at 2 weeks old.

If I were ever to upgrade to "easier" diapers for a newborn, I'd get closureless GMD workhorse fitteds, or similar ones put out by Imagine (Nicki's Diapers) or Diaper Rite. Or to get really fancy I'd get Tinkle Traps with cotton velour inners. I really like using a snappi to get a custom fit, but these diapers require no folding.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...g-newborn.html (information thread :: Cloth Diapering a Newborn ::)

September 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Super Mommy
Another vote for prefolds (I used the old-school "infant size") and flats for newborns. I LOVE flats because you can customize them so well, but the husband is folding challenged so he stuck with prefolds. My favorite covers were Thirsties, both the extra small and duo size 1.

I also had 12 little joeys, which I had read great things about. I was SO SAD because they just always leaked all over his clothes. :-( They were so darn cute but useless compared to good old-fashioned cotton on a newborn. For baby 2 I will definitely be buying some GMD newborn size for the first weeks before switching to my trusty infant size. They worked, but were awfully bulky on a newborn.

Starting at 4 months or so, we switched to using almost exclusively bum genius 4.0s. They've been great but now they need their elastics replaced. Plus now we have an HE top load washer and it seems harder to keep the microfiber clean, so I'll probably stick with cotton a lot more next time.
September 23rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like fitted diapers with a stay dry liner and a side snap PUL cover. My DH I'm positive could never figure out a prefold. He can do a fitted diaper, but he sometimes forgets to make sure that the diaper cover is put on correctly around the legs. He's worse with a disposable! He does best with snaps as it takes out all the guess work of a custom fit. I made AIOs this pg and I hope that they will be easy for him and my preteens to change. Plus they are so cute! I have average size newborns and they stay in newborn size for a couple months, except my third who quickly grew to the 98% for height and weight after birth. I might get in more use out of them for my twins.

September 24th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Super Mommy
I only used GMD fitteds and prefolds with Bummi's covers. This was the most cost effective way since we didn't expect him to be in NB size for long, but we ended up getting 8 weeks use out of them.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search