Wotb

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What's on the bum?

G is in a brown edge (!!) GMD workhorse, snappied, under a M-Long GAD cover. M is wearing trainer undies (Gerber).

September 13th, 2013, 06:18 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
A brown edge? Seriously!? You clearly make super-milk.

We have a small pianissimo cloth fitted with a small green sprouts fleece cover over it (bedtime dipe...although she is not sleeping). Kieran is wearing a sposie. We abandoned night cloth for him again (for now). And Liam is wearing a bumunders trainer, just in case of a night accident. With L and K sharing a room, I don't want to be sheet changing in the night (hence Kierans sposie as well!) But so far he wakes up dry regularly (only since July though, so we are cautious).
September 13th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Ashlee the workhorse fitteds (at least the way they run on my kids) run a full size smaller than the GMD prefolds. He is in red edge prefolds. We have a few red edge workhorse too that he can still wear, they are sorta tight though. I brought out the browns even though they are on the big side because he outgrew the yellow prefolds for fastening and I wanted something to hold in the poop. We only have 2 doz red pfs and M is still wearing them too. Although she only went through 2 diapers and 1 pair of underwear today! So maybe it won't be much longer...

M is down in her bed in an overnight 7th gen sposie (same rationale as you ) and G is in another brown workhorse and a Wallypop fleece wrap. Sleeping on daddy in the ergo.

September 18th, 2013, 07:01 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Actually, now that my brain computed that, I do know that the WHs are cut smaller than expected. But still a good size kiddo, wearing the same size as big-sis!

Yay for M! How is she doing today? How exciting that she is doing the potty thing so well.

We are at nighttime again and my kids are wearing exactly as above. Different prints. And Jo is wearing a wool cover instead of fleece. But same deal. Our stash is fairly simplified right now. Although a daytime dipe has a few options. And Kieran wouldn't be in a sposie! Lol.
September 18th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, M is excited about her potty stool, and occasionally deigns to pee in the potty, but she will not poop in the potty and often purposefully goes in her diaper or even pees on the floor in the middle of a change or as soon as she gets off the potty. She also says stuff like "change my baby diaper! Poppy diaper!" And "my turn, wet diaper" after I change the baby. So I really think she just needs to have her "I'm still a baby too, pay attention to me like the baby" thing for awhile. I am withholding underwear until she poops on the potty, for now anyway. So yeah... She was in diapers all day some of her Flip covers are on the verge of death but I am just going to keep using them until the PUL wears out because no way am I buying her new diapers at this point.

She's in another nighttime sposie right now. G is in a Tinkle Traps prefitted, the inner and semi-attached doubler are lined with cotton fleece and they are super absorbent (and take forever to dry), as his night dipe. He is wearing a Smartbottoms 3.0 cover that I randomly bought FSOT. It has fleece leg casings and is great on his meaty thighs.

I think we're pretty solid in this size now. We won't start running low unless G outgrows his red workhorse and TTs before M is PLed. But as I've said before, if and when that happens it will just be the impetus to push the PLing. Maybe by then I can start pottying G some too. Now that would be a great incentive for M to use the potty more! See, your little brother poops on the potty, how about you? Lol. Using sibling rivalry to my advantage.
ashj_1218 likes this.

September 19th, 2013, 05:08 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No one at my house is in them yet... but can I ask what a brown edge is? And FSOT, TTs and GMD?

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
September 19th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsturner View Post
No one at my house is in them yet... but can I ask what a brown edge is? And FSOT, TTs and GMD?
Haha, sorry we cloth diaperers (CDers!) Online love our acronyms brown edge are the Green Mountain Diaper workhorse fitteds in size large (they indicate sizes by edge stitching color, as on their prefolds too). TT is Tinkle Traps, a work at home mom's shop, she makes a certain kind of fitted out of prefolds. GMD is Green Mountain Diapers, a major CDing company that sells high quality, cotton focused, cloth diapering products. FSOT is For Sale or Trade, various places online (including our slow one here) provide places for swapping or buy/selling used cloth diapers.

September 19th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
M is now in a Zinnia flip cover with a trifolded GMD red edge prefold, and a Grovia flushable liner, because she *almost* pooped on the potty but then didn't, so we are expecting the big morning poop soon.

G is in another Tinkle Traps prefitted and an Imse Vimse velour stripe cover (medium). He pees a lot in the morning so these are the night and morning dipes

September 19th, 2013, 11:07 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yay...daytime post! Lol.

Liam is in undies. Yup. Finally. Lol.

Kieran is in a Tots bots AIO, in "Chicken Little." He only has a small amount of time in these, they are getting small on him.

Jo is in a Nanas Bottoms AIO (AIO is all-in-one, a type diaper that contains no folding or stuffing materials, most like a disposable. They do take more time to dry and are harder to launder if you have water or washer issues. But are the easiest in my book). It's hot pink. They are "new" (to us) and I think they are working well. A little lower on absorbency, but fit is great (a medium is just a hair too big, but working with a little tab overlap and a higher waist). We added a homemade bamboo doubler and she is on hour two just fine (sleeping on me, so I hope it holds!)

Sounds like a great start for M on the potty. I am starting to consider starting Kieran. He is showing interest because big bro does it (there is that sibling thing for you!). I wonder if it won't be such a hard time with him. He knows when he goes because he hides, even to pee. We shall see!
shen7 likes this.
September 19th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
G is now in a snappied red edge GMD prefold and the same Imse Vimse cotton stripe cover. I have a full load of diapers ending their wash cycle right now so no more workhorse or TTs! At least for another hour or two since they need to go in the dryer! M is at grandma's and is probably in a disposable by now. Grandma just won't use cloth and I gave up on it, she buys the sposies and I don't want to be a nag when I'm getting free babysitting! So whatever! But I did send her over in a Pianissimo Cloth PC Duet fitted (large) with minky flowers outer, and a dappi nylon pull-on cover (XL), under a dress, which I thought was pretty cute.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search