Twins stash

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By LABs
  • 2 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By alittlelost

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
These are my one size AIO type diapers I made using the Mosaic Moon pattern that I altered so they open up in the front with one snap so they get really clean and dry crazy fast. There are 5 of each except the cherry and Hawaiian print where there are only 4. I ran out of ability to load the snap press for a helper to do the snapping, so the diapers on the left don't have snaps yet. That will have to happen post babies. I also have 10 more cut out that will hopefully get sewn sometime as I love the prints. They match the newborn diapers brown flower and strawberry prints.

Here are the newborn diapers that I made to add to my stash. AIO type and 16 more fitted diapers out of fabric I already had. Not cute, but free! My DH loves them as they look like Halloween diapers with the navy liner fabric and orange and purple snaps.

This is my newborn stash that I made for my third and then used for my fourth and will for the twins as well.

I think I'm as ready as I can be with how this pg has gone. I have a few hrs of sewing to do sometime after the babies are here or at least an hr or two of snapping needed to make the one size diapers ready for use. I've got enough done to be usable, but not quite as convenient without the extra 10 or 20 that I hope to eventually have available to use if I can manage it.
Gripstress likes this.

September 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Gorgeous!!!! Incredible!!! You are one talented and hardworking mama
LABs and amberbanegas like this.

September 25th, 2013, 01:19 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Wow! Color me impressed! They look fabulous
LABs likes this.
September 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CUTE! I'd love to see the inners on the AIO types!
LABs likes this.
September 25th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They are microfiber towels sewn on the back of the inside fabric. The liner fabric covers the towel and secures with a snap. If the microfiber gets icky somehow, I can unpick it from the wide zig zag and put a new one in easily. I made my boys diapers like this and they held up beautifully.

When they come out of the drier, I give the diaper a shake to settle the microfiber towel back into its folded position, snap it closed, fold in half and stack it up. Or what ends up happening is I grab a diaper, shake and snap right before putting it on my baby. Either way is pretty easy for the convenience of quick dry and really clean diapers. I'll see if I can get a pic of the inside to show how I put them together. The AIOs are easier to make then the fitted diapers. More eexpensive with the PUL and all the FOE. I also use a little piece of clear elastic in the back for support of the weight of the diaper. FOE only has so much gathering ability. Works great on the one layer of fabric along the legs. The double layer system for the cover and inside layer make for a double barrier against leaks. Nothing ever escaped with my boys in this style. I wanted super girly diapers this time as my girls didn't get really cute diapers. I was on a strict students budget, so they had fitted diapers and plain covers. I hope that the newborn AIO diapers work. I've only used fitted diapers on my newborns.

January 8th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Wow what a beautiful stash! I too would love to see the insides. Really great job and pretty to boot! Congrats on your new twins too! Love their names <3
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search