Dumb question

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought an AIO pocket diaper and Im not sure, does one liner go inside the pocket and one outside? Tried cloth diapers last time, flats, and she got a rash so hoping it works out this time

October 8th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What brand? What kind of liner? Are you sure it is an AIO or is it just a pocket? A true AIO will not need anything stuffed anywhere.

October 9th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd assume if one absorbent part has a stay dry layer, its a doubler for next to the skin. Otherwise its probably meant to add to the inside for a heavy wetter or night time diaper.

If you use diapers with a stay dry layer, you probably won't have issues with rashes. They stay super dry! My babies have super sensitive skin and never have rashes unless someone else is watching them and doesn't change a poopy diaper in a timely manner. I can get their skin clear within a day.

October 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My Alva baby diapers were advertised as "AIO pockets", and I think some of the other diapers from China are marketed this way. If it's Alva or something similar, both inserts go inside the diaper. I'd try it with just one insert inside first, though, unless it's overnight or naptime or you know your kiddo is a heavy wetter!
October 20th, 2013, 08:43 PM
this one here. For 8 to 36lbs
Kawaii Baby Diapers - One Size Snap Closure Pocket Diaper - Ultra Soft Cross-Over Square Tab

ohhh theres a video at the bottom!!

Last edited by Kalia20; October 20th, 2013 at 08:49 PM.
October 20th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I do have another diaper......forget brand...kushi?? That has a built in liner. Its old, going to wash it and give it a shot. Havent read good reviews on that brand but thats what walmart sells.

So I have two cloth diapers (three actually I bought one years ago never used and I have no idea where it is, in a box somewhere as we've moved a few times) how many is recommended for a new born? I hope to do cloth and disposables with mostly cloth and need an idea of how many to get. My mom is big on cloth diapers, flats before people really even thought of Pampers so shes old school, and is a thrift store fanatic so I bet I'll get some mismatched used diapers too (thats where my Kushi came from)

November 5th, 2013, 04:47 PM
You are amazing for taking on the adventure of cloth diapering and searching for information can be so hard. Pocket diapers usually have the ability to place the insert in between the outer layer the inner layer. Some have the pockets on the outside and some on the inside of the diaper.

There is some great information at Baby Beduga for pocket diapers, usage, cleaning and even ways to get those products.
November 6th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I found a local used cloth diapering page on FB and honestly some of the prices they want I might as well buy brand new :/ I mostly read for care of diapers and such. Dont really have a stash going, want to try it out before I buy a whole bunch and make sure I have the right type for me baby before I spend a lot of money.

July 9th, 2014, 04:48 PM
1st time mom
Some pocket diapers will come with two inserts. ONE is a newborn insert and the other is for when baby is bigger (wetting more).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search