Staining?

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2013, 02:50 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
So we just started 1005% cding a little while ago and 2 of the diapers (pocket style) are stained a little yellow, from poop.
They don't smell, there's no residue that I can see, and they still work?
Is this probably just the brand? I dont remember what kind sorry
or maybe I just need to really wash them more? I was using All but I got Rockin Green 2 washes ago.
I am still figuring out the wash but right now I was wash hot and rinse cycle in warm. Before, even when we were starting to get staining it was wash hot, rinse 2x. It's just the diaper too - not the inserts (microfiber or cotton).
December 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Super Mommy
First thing I'd say is add a prewash with cold to get the poop off before you hot wash. So cold prewash, hot wash with soap, then extra rinse. Also, if you are lucky enough to live somewhere with sun, (unlike me haha), it does wonders for stains. In the end though a little stain never hurt anyone. They still work, and they're diapers after all!
December 30th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used Rockin Green for a bit with DD and didn't care for it. We use Seventh Generation detergent on our clothes, so we are using it on our diapers this time too. My favorite laundry aid is Bio Kleen spray. It smells amazing and really helps with staining. I give the diaper a quick spray before it goes in our wet bag.

Prewashing on cold will help rinse away the poop and pee and help with staining!
January 2nd, 2014, 05:47 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Some staining will just happen, no matter how much rinsing and cleaning. The best way to get the stain out is to sun it out. Put it in a sunny window and it will magically disappear.
Keakie likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
January 4th, 2014, 06:11 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Okay I can tryyyy sun. I live in an apartment building so that might be hard
Thanks for the tips though. I'll start the extra rinse before I wash.
January 7th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
The sun will take away all of that yellow staining in no time at all. You can even line them up in your car on the dash. Drying is not necessary. I live in CA and find they sun better in the winter because in the summer they dry too fast. I also rinse cold, hot wash with detergent(Tide original powder), and full cycle on hot to rinse. You will be amazed what a little sun can do!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search