Out with the Kushies... In with the BumGenius

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2007, 01:44 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I didn't think we'd be getting any BumGenius' for size Medium... as I figured velcro was not as cost-effecient as the s-hooks. But hubby has expressed his love for BumGenius several times to me. My favorite are Cubbies, his favorite are BumGenius. This morning when he changed Seamus' diaper I told him he could "use whatever he wants" on him... and I was surprised that he used a Cubbie, because Gwyddion isn't a huge fan of the s-hooks. He likes the simplicity of velcro... but (his words, not mine) "all the velcro diapers we have suck". lol. I don't think they suck, but whatever, lol.

Anyways, so this morning I made a proposition to DH: I'll sell the 7 Kushies we have (and one of the Bumkins AIO's), and replace them with 6 BumGenius. "I would really like that" He says. And he told me to buy them NOW. haha. So 3 blue and 3 green BumGenius AIO's have been purchased this morning (from AbbysLane). I will take pictures of the Kushies/Bumkins in a day or two (after I wash our current load of diaper laundry since one of the Kushies has been used recently), and they'll be in the Buy/Sell/Trade section... so be on the look out for them!

Kushies are not bad at all... they actually work fairly well for us... but they're not great. They're not as good as BumGenius. And hubby loves BG. Kushies are basically seen as the generic brand in the "cloth diapering world". Great if you're on a tight budget, but they're not the best out there.

This way we'll have my favorite diapers (the Cubbies) AND Gwyddion's favorite diapers (BumGenius). So like I said, anyone interested in Kushies and/or Bumkins, be on the lookout for them in the BST section! (also, to add as a reminder... there's still a Bumkins cover I have for sale there too. )

...there wasnt a real point to this thread... just diaper chat hehe.
October 21st, 2007, 03:49 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I'm not in the market for anything just had to comment on Seamus in his dragon costume in your siggy - love it!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

October 22nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Thanks And I love that dress that Sydney's wearing.
October 22nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
I do have three BG's of my own, the one sizers, but, although velcro is easy for dad, it's also easy for babe! Devin knows how to undo the velcro tabs, so if he's just running around in a BG and no pants, I often find a streaker in my house. Therefore, my pocket stash will consist of Cubbies and FB's.

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

October 22nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
that made Gwyddion giggle, hehe.
October 24th, 2007, 11:20 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
AJ can undo his velcro too - I have to make sure his dipe is covered or he is bare bottomed within minutes of a diaper change.

ETA: I have kushies too - and they were a favorite of mine for awhile. They were great for the price and everything to start with. I would probably use them again - need to sell ones I have to get bigger dipes.

PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search