One wipie just ain't gonna cut it!

Forum: Cloth Diapering

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cloth Diapering LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2007, 11:02 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Boy was this an "I need a drink" day!

Ok, so at 3:15 pm Seamus woke up from his nap and started crying. "Shucks," I thought. I was hoping he'd sleep until 3:30. Anyways, I go to wet a wipie (we leave the wipies right outside his door)... and I open his door and just stare in utter shock.

There was poop EVERYWHERE! Everywhere! I don't think I could say "everywhere" enough, lol. Apparently my child exploded.

It was ALL over the crib, it was on the walls, there was poop CAKED all down both of his legs, it was all over his arms and hands, and *shudder* his face. I should have immediately grabbed more wipies and wet them, but instinct told me to GRAB my child and get him out of there! Unfortunately, as soon as I took him out (holding him out away from me ) I realized what I should have done. But I didn't want to put him back in the crib.

So I put him on the changing table... and I'm looking down at my ONE wet wipie. Yeah, this ain't gonna cut it! I took his diaper off, and got as much as I could with that one wash cloth (which wasn't much). This whole time I'm saying "Omg! Oh. My. God." and gagging. I grabed the poop-covered-child and went into the bathroom. I put him in the bath tub, took a big sigh. I grabbed a whole bunch of wet wipies and splashed water on him to get as much poop off of him as I could (he was screaming the whole time, because the faucet in the tub scares the bejebus out of him). I get as much as I can off of him and wipe him down and get a new diaper on him.

By now, I, myself am covered in poop. <---- thats a sarcastic cheer, btw.

I put him in his high chair, pull it all the way into his room and I clean out his disgusting crib while he eats cheerios. I clean the walls and spray lysol all over. I also throw everything in his crib into the washing machine (except for the binkies. I threw those away ). Pull the the high chair in the bathroom so I can take a quick shower. After my shower, I take Seamus out of his diaper and give him a good bath.

Finally we come out in the living room. This whole ordeal took about an hour. Not to mention that earlier (before my child exploded) he had peed everywhere when I was changing his diaper . lol.

Talk about stressful, lol. I made it through though and didn't get upset. But then, as I was making dinner, I spilled rice all over the floor... and burst into tears . That's when Gwyddion got home. I told him what happened with our exploding poop monster and he couldn't stop laughing. No fair, that was making me laugh too even though I was crying over spilt rice.

But man, that was INSANE. He could have worn a diaper made out of iron, fused to his legs, and it still would have gotten everywhere. This was no one-wipie-poop! It's the end of the day, baby is in bed for the rest of the night and I'm enjoying a nice cold drink. How was your day? lol.
October 23rd, 2007, 05:35 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Funny story. I can only imagine it. Hugs to you for holding it together.

October 23rd, 2007, 05:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Man, what a day!

I once let my baby sleep naked (he had a bad rash, I wasn't thinking, and that was the result), and he still didn't make that much of a mess!
October 23rd, 2007, 06:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Oh man! what a day! Sorry you had to do that...but just think about what a fun story it will be to tell when you're not emotional about it!

My Ovulation Chart
October 23rd, 2007, 07:46 AM
outnumbered's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to outnumbered
OMG! I'm so sorry! LOL I'm not going to say anything more because I have two in dipes and don't want to jinx myself! LOL

I am a breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, no crying it out, baby wearing mama of 3 boys, one of which has autism. Meet my boys here (having technical difficulties with my website). My blogs are On Top of Mt. Laundry and The Cache Checkers.

Most frequently found at the Cloth Diapering board but also a member of the July '05 PR, Austim board and the Choosing Not To Vaccinate board.

October 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you had to clean all that mess up. I know the joy of cleaning up poop all too well (Brandon used to smear poop everywhere).

picture does not represent current ages

October 23rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes!! I would have been crying the whole time I was cleaning up I dont deal well with poop....

October 23rd, 2007, 10:28 AM
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
lol thanks guys.

Yeah, definitely stressful when it happened, but it's a funny story now! LOL

Something to tell a future girlfriend of Seamus', hehe.
October 23rd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness!!! I totally feel for you, I've been there too. Makes you wonder what the moms did before they invented lysol and bathtubs, eh? Enjoy your drink!
October 24th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
awww Glad you can laugh about it now.
October 25th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Choose joy
Oh my goodness! What the heck happened? You dealt with it very well!!
October 25th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Oh my goodness! What the heck happened? You dealt with it very well!![/b]

He exploded! That's what happened

Thanks, lol.
October 25th, 2007, 11:03 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
o my goodness!! lmao

as sad as it is, it's halarious that i can actually understand!! i can see it happening, i was right there with you the whole time i was reading!
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search